OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I make wayyyy more than 12 out of a yard! Lol a yard is 60 inches wide by 36 inches in length...

I make my 3" bows 25 inches long. So that makes 20 bows widthwise and then another 6 bows lengthwise. Only 12 bows would definitely not be worth it!
I never even thought about that, I feel so dumb now that I wasted all that fabric! I guess I must cut them the long way. . .me and my blonde brain : )

Do you fold your fabric in half? My cutting mat and ruler are not long enough to cut 28 inches. I think my mat is only 18 inches long and my ruler is 24.

Folding in half is a good idea! I never thought of that lol. I just cut 18 inches, then scoot it up and cut 7 more haha.

i have been making my 2 1/4 inch bows 27 inch and i think they look to small sometimes i would have thought if you go up to 3 inch you would need more fabric. i will have to break down and order stuff on line this week. i am getting bow obsesed lol. also what do you adhere the spandix to the ribbon with. i use two sided fusible webbing for ribbon to ribbon

ok i got some fabric and ribbon and im going to make 3" bows for my stunt groups last comp in July!
ive only ever made little bows, never 3" so can you help me please :)
i really like the size of admins, they way the tails are proportional to the loops lol so any idea what length i should use?
and what is the best to use to stick fabric to ribbon? :D

ok i got some fabric and ribbon and im going to make 3" bows for my stunt groups last comp in July!
ive only ever made little bows, never 3" so can you help me please :)
i really like the size of admins, they way the tails are proportional to the loops lol so any idea what length i should use?
and what is the best to use to stick fabric to ribbon? :D

I use about 25 - 30 inches in length and I got a spray glue its not the best but it works :)

if you fold you're fabric in half, sometimes when you unfold it it has like an indent and then it goes crooked, i just scoot mine up after i cute half of it :)

I'm going to attempt to make my first bow tonight :)
..well actually I'm not because I have a cast on my arm but I'm going to supervise while my mom tries. hah We couldn't find any 3 inch ribbon so ours is like 2 1/2.. I hope that doesn't ruin it. I'll try to post a picture of it later so I can get yall's feedback.

Thanks :) are they the self adhesive kind? sorry so many questions

Nah, they were just regular. I attached them with hot glue, but it's not holding very well so I'm gonna try and find something else. They were in a pack of like 85? I'll see if I can find what they were called next time I go. No prob, though :)

this my first use of fabric in a bow
2pq3mvt.jpg

95wvhh.jpg

Back