my sweet 16 bow for worlds
557828_322475417822224_100001793062391_827289_411898779_n.jpg

the special needs team fundraiser bow
547133_334637576606008_100001793062391_862194_495415022_n.jpg

one of our custom orders
481050_334639943272438_100001793062391_862205_964034688_n.jpg

for our gym's j3 dazzle
554402_10150736224571158_587711157_9533769_36795020_n.jpg

Does she have a website?? I LOVE her bows!!!!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just at Michael's, and they had some stick on rhinestones in random shapes. I don't think they had any letters, but I didn't really look that long. I think they were around $0.79.
The stick on kind don't stay on for long, especially if it's on a bow that you're wearing to do all kinds of tumbling. If you like them, get them, but use an extra adhesive too.

thought itd be fun to have one page were people could showcase there bows rather then lots of different pages like the old forum, so post bows your made here so everyone can ooo and ahhhh over them haha

heres some of mine
bow5h.jpg

bow4.jpg

bow3.jpg

bow2.jpg

bow1.jpg
Where did you get the ribbon for bows 1 and 2? Can't find the sparkly ribbon ANYWHERE

Someone PLEASE tell me where to get the sparkly/metallic ribbon you're using!

I want to start making bows but have some questions:

1. What's the difference between the cricut vs. any other machine out there? Does it make iron-on's or cut outs? How do you get different designs (letters, numbers, gym logos, etc.)?

2. What's the easiest way to get rhinestones on a bow? I've seen amazing cheer bows that I'd like to recreate myself, yet putting on rhinestones one by one with tweezers is timely. Plus, i know that there's NO WAYa person who makes bows for a team (who will remain unnamed) did all 20 of those rhinestones by hand.

3. What's the difference between fabric and spandex?

4. If I were to order some sequin fabric from spandexhouse.com, would I have to buy actual Grosgrain first, glue the sequin fabric overtop of it, and fold it into the bow like that?

5. What is Grosgrain and why does it seem like everyone obsesses over it?

6. What's the difference between Heat n Bond and a hot glue gun? And I ask that I'm not sure if one performs better over the other over certain fabrics, or if one is just better overall.

7. How do you make bows where one diagonal is one fabric and the other diagonal is a different?

I know it's a lot of questions, but after reading all 84 pages, I've not only been inspired to make bows, but haven't necessarily found the answers I'm looking for to start.

Thank you in advance!

I want to start making bows but have some questions:
1. It makes cut outs. You buy cartridges preloaded with designs to plug into the machine and you pick which design you want it to cut out. You can probably use any kind of fabric but I think people have said that if the fabric is too thick, it won't cut as well.

2. Get a hot fix tool and hot fix crystals. The glue is on the stone and when you pick it up with the hot tool, it melts and you just have to press it down on the bow.

3. Fabric is the name of what it is and can be any type of material (spandex, cotton, velvet). Spandex is a specific type of material, spandex is fabric.

4. Yes, grosgrain helps it be more sturdy. It might be floppy without it or you could get 'stiffen stuff' or starch to make it harder.

5. It's pretty much your standard bow material. It's a great backing and comes in 3" or 4".

6. Heat n bond comes is a paper with glue and you iron the fabric onto it and it fuses it together. Hot glue gun is messy and sometimes shows through the fabric especially if it's sheer. For sheer fabric, I like to use spray glue since it dries clear and there's no 'trail'.

7. Attach them so that one end is one color and the other end is the other color and then fold normally.

Hope I helped,
perfectchoicebows.bigcartel.com

1. It makes cut outs. You buy cartridges preloaded with designs to plug into the machine and you pick which design you want it to cut out. You can probably use any kind of fabric but I think people have said that if the fabric is too thick, it won't cut as well.

2. Get a hot fix tool and hot fix crystals. The glue is on the stone and when you pick it up with the hot tool, it melts and you just have to press it down on the bow.

3. Fabric is the name of what it is and can be any type of material (spandex, cotton, velvet). Spandex is a specific type of material, spandex is fabric.

4. Yes, grosgrain helps it be more sturdy. It might be floppy without it or you could get 'stiffen stuff' or starch to make it harder.

5. It's pretty much your standard bow material. It's a great backing and comes in 3" or 4".

6. Heat n bond comes is a paper with glue and you iron the fabric onto it and it fuses it together. Hot glue gun is messy and sometimes shows through the fabric especially if it's sheer. For sheer fabric, I like to use spray glue since it dries clear and there's no 'trail'.

7. Attach them so that one end is one color and the other end is the other color and then fold normally.

Hope I helped,
perfectchoicebows.bigcartel.com

Thank you so much!

For the cricut, do you find designs online or in stores? Cause I'm curious as to how people were getting team logos (CA, F5, etc).

And for anyone else wondering about the rhinestones, I found a site that sells them by the role

Jewel Ribbon | Diamond Mesh Ribbon | Embellishment Ribbons

Thank you so much!

For the cricut, do you find designs online or in stores? Cause I'm curious as to how people were getting team logos (CA, F5, etc).

And for anyone else wondering about the rhinestones, I found a site that sells them by the role

Jewel Ribbon | Diamond Mesh Ribbon | Embellishment Ribbons
if you look closely, there are no actual rhinestones in that mesh - I would imagine its impossible to fold as well since its probably very thick.

The best way to apply a large volume of rhinestones is to buy or make your own rhinestone template (there are two kinds - sticky flock and the green rubber kind) and 'brush' the rhinestones into the holes of the template. Then you take rhinestone tape and push it onto the top of the design to create an iron on than you apply to your bow. Check out youtube - lots of instructions there. You need to buy hot fix rhinestones for this - ebay has super cheap rhinestones and Rhinestone world can make you a custom template (not cheap though).

Back