OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
my mom made these mean girls bows for me for christmas :)
tumblr_mfmadvUEnr1qgvr6ko1_500.jpg

and she just made this randomly one day, (shine and glitter are my teams)
tumblr_meyc7fZu7T1qgvr6ko1_500.jpg

alright, so I got new stuff for my bow making, but have some questions
1. with lace bows, how the heck do you guys get it to the grosgrain? I really dont know what to use...
2. anyone else use fabric-tac? I got some and i either get too much and there are bumps after i put the fabric on the ribbon or i cant get any out...
3. hot fix rhinestones or just plain rhinestones? Ive used both and i really cant decide which i like more..

alright, so I got new stuff for my bow making, but have some questions
1. with lace bows, how the heck do you guys get it to the grosgrain? I really dont know what to use...

I use "steam a seam" on the outside edges of the grosgrain and then lay the lace on top of that, then use an iron to activate it. Heat 'n bond (I think that's what it's called) is another popular fabric adhesive that I've heard alot of people on the boards have used.

Here are two bows I've made using lace and steam a seam. The top one is actually on top of a foiled spandex and the bottom one is on top of grosgrain:
4zz4vl.jpg

2z3zx2v.jpg

I use "steam a seam" on the outside edges of the grosgrain and then lay the lace on top of that, then use an iron to activate it. Heat 'n bond (I think that's what it's called) is another popular fabric adhesive that I've heard alot of people on the boards have used.

Here are two bows I've made using lace and steam a seam. The top one is actually on top of a foiled spandex and the bottom one is on top of grosgrain:
thanks! i use heat n bond, as well as fabric tac for my bows in general. but i tried spray glue for the lace since a while back i saw someone say thats what they used futher back in this thread.
heres what my bow looks like:
251707_603305239684212_569312208_n.jpg

sorry its soo big, i got it from facebook :oops:

thanks! i use heat n bond, as well as fabric tac for my bows in general. but i tried spray glue for the lace since a while back i saw someone say thats what they used futher back in this thread.
heres what my bow looks like:
251707_603305239684212_569312208_n.jpg

sorry its soo big, i got it from facebook :oops:
what brand of spray glue did you use for this bow? it looks amazing!

Does anyone have any heat press recommendations? not only for just bows, but also apparel screen printing...brands to look at/stay away from, size options, if high heat is needed or just a regular press, etc.?
thanks!

Does anyone have any heat press recommendations? not only for just bows, but also apparel screen printing...brands to look at/stay away from, size options, if high heat is needed or just a regular press, etc.?
thanks!
This is the business I work in. The one I see most recommended is Hotronix. I highly recommend a draw press. I have a clamshell and it works fine, but is not as convenient as a draw press. Here is a link with more information. Its also the company I get all my transfers through. - How to Choose Heat Press Machines | Transfer Express

Hi, I make all my own team bows...i use grosgrain and then material or other ribbon on top, but wondering how people get them so stiff? Do you use a glue or spray to make them like it? Any help would be great! Thanks :)

Back