All-Star Showcase

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2009
Our gym will host our first ever showcase in Nov. We only have 6 teams so that does not make for a very long performance. Also, we have not planned on renting out space due to finances and we have a very small gym. Not sure how many would come as we would open it to the kids to invite their family and friends and we will not advertise it. The more I think about it the more I worry we will not have the space in the gym for all the people. Any suggestions? Again, I have to think inexpensive!!!

Also, any suggestions on how to make the day a little longer other than just performing 6 routines? I was thinking of doing a jump off etc. Any ideas FB?

Could I turn it into a gym fundraiser? Keep in mind the gym is pretty small so we would not be hosting a Cheer Extreme type showcase...lol. It would have to be a easy way to bring in money that people would actually pay for.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide!!!!!

We have our showcases in our gym....its a blast! As for fundraising ideas...you could have a bake sale or have the parents do a spaghetti dinner etc for 5 bucks a plate....a 50/50 drawing is fun....you could have a flip for a buck booth.....big and fancy isnt required...just do your best...it will be fabooooosh! :)

We are also a small gym and when we do our showcase we perform twice at different times
We also have a raffle for different items tickts are $1.00 and we get ppl to donate items

Last year was our first showcase, and the turn out was way more than anticipated
You can kinda get an idea from this video, our gym was completely packed and we only had 3 teams and 60 girls. The estimate on the number of people was 250+ and we had people backed all the way out on the side walk watching through our big sliding garage door type thing.

our booster club sold stuff and did raffles

This year the goal is to rent a floor and do it at a high school gym and charge $5 to cover the costs. We're at 90 kids this year so there is no way our gym could handle the spectators

for time filler you can do jumps as a program, a jump off, tumbling passes, have program standing skills, like everyone who has it in your program doing a handspring at the same time.

We use a local school gym and set up a floor we borrow from a local EP. No cost to us to use the facility or the floor so we can do a bigger showcase. We only have 5 teams but I also have our pre-team perform so it comes to 6 teams overall. It's been a good experience and I hope we can grow it to include some local school teams and make it bigger.

You could try doing a split the pot or see if you can get some items donated so you can do some sort of raffle to fundraise. There is a program in my area that has a good number of teams but their facility is pretty small and they manage to get vendors into the gym... you could charge vendors to set up a small booth.

To make it last longer- my gym would always let everyone throw their tumbling skills that they'd been working on, even if it was with a spot. If you have stunt groups on your teams working on some fun, more advanced stunts let them show off! Jump contests, contests for # of back handsprings or standing tucks thrown, etc.

Our gym has a parent organization incorporated as a non-profit so we rent local high school gyms at the non-profit rate for our "Flight Show." We don't charge for entrance, but we have a bbq tailgate that raises funds for our parent organization, we sell "flight crew" gear as well. We had 5 teams our first year and did it in a middle school gym - it was packed out. When we expanded to 7 teams last year we moved it to a high school gym - we're at 10 teams this year and are going back to the same high school but we're going to change the configuration of our set up to seat more people, it was standing room only. Regardless of the money you make it's a good idea to give them a run through, our first competition is the following week and this is a good primer for them in front of a crowd to do a full out - you can also show your parents how to go in/out of the VIP sections if that's something your parents haven't done before (if you have new ones etc.)

Our flight show is the official start to our season and is always a big hit for our gym. Encourage them to bring friends, family, grandpas grandmas - all those folks that won't be able to attend a competition can attend something like this and get to see their kids/friends routines.

Best of luck on a great season!

This is the video from last year's flight show (this was Year 2 for Aviator) This year's flight show is only 2 weeks away....can't WAIT for year THREEE!!!!!!

Back