High School Sideline Shoe Rec Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MissCongeniality

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
So our HS team is mostly sideline but does a level 3/4 halftime routine and tumbles both for football and basketball. Last year we went with nfinity shoes which everyone loved except they got red from the track and fell apart quickly (imagine!). This year the advisor went with some really heavy stiff Nikes that the girls (especially the all star and others who tumble) absolutely hate!

So...what are your recs for a "middle ground" (so to speak)... Something that is flexible and light enough for tumbling and won't give the bases a concussion, but sturdy enough for the sideline, court and turf?

Thanks!

Varsity has an inbetween leather. I like them, I want to say it is the cheerleader?

We got the inspire and it will get red but I think it is fairly sturdy...

Any white cheer shoes will pick up the color from any track you are on. Personally I would recommend the Reebok Hi Tops. You can get them at any Reebok store or online. They are super cheap but durable and they are leather which means they wipe clean easily. The high top design helps with ankle support which is especially good for flyers and tumblers. And the soles are rubber so they are durable as well but they are still light enough to tumble in.

I'm not in high school cheer this year but as OMGitsMELANIE said, any white cheer shoe will pick up the color of the track. I had the Varsity Inspires last year and they were great! They don't sell them anymore (judging by their website) but it looks like the Varsity Spirit 1 is the exact same with a different name. Just a helpful hint, if you get the kind with the sateen fabric DON'T bleach the fabric part! They will turn yellow. My mom got it out (mostly) by using Arm and Hammer toothpaste but she also ordered me a new pair so I currently have two pairs sitting in my room :p

This is gonna sound stupid, but... the Converse "cheer" shoes.
Pros;
They are easy to clean/bleach
Don't break, rip or anything
Give a lot of support on your foot.

Cons;
They are not flexible. At all. Like a backspot trying to do a needle. Just doesn't work.
They have those Color Inserts. I hate them because everybody should match, and they are a PAIN to take out.

Overall, its an okay shoe. We use them for Rec cheer (We cheer for middle school, basically)

ETA: I'm also not sure how well they'll do on the basketball floor. They have traction, but i've fallen a LOT. Or maybe i'm just clumsy..:rolleyes:

Aisics Gels were really clean because they're not fabric, they have a coated surface. We cheered in them for a year and nobody had huge problems with them

Asics GEL-Inspire II Cheerleading Shoe

Edit: By we I mean my Allstar team

Cons;
They are not flexible. At all. Like a backspot trying to do a needle. Just doesn't work.
But...my old back spot could do a needle....
Hahahaha :)
Seriously though, she was the most flexible one on the team. Too bad she couldn't fly :(

Personally I love my Nike shoes. You just have to make sure you get ones that are more flexible. My current faves are the Nike Cheer Flash. I wore Nikes my entire school cheerleading career.

Personally I love my Nike shoes. You just have to make sure you get ones that are more flexible. My current faves are the Nike Cheer Flash. I wore Nikes my entire school cheerleading career.
:jawdrop: Nike flashes? Let me say, your bases will hate you. I based today with a flyer w/ Nike Flash, and well, they are hard to grip. Thats the only problem i hear. I don't like when flyers feet are slippery... it scares me D:

:jawdrop: Nike flashes? Let me say, your bases will hate you. I based today with a flyer w/ Nike Flash, and well, they are hard to grip. Thats the only problem i hear. I don't like when flyers feet are slippery... it scares me D:
Maybe for all girl, but I fly coed and the guys like them. They hated nifities because they were too bendy and hard to hold on to. My old flyer (based last year for HS) had the flashes, I didn't mind them at all. But shoes don't really phase me unless they are like super worn out :)

Yes every single cheer shoe will pick up the color of the track but honestly y'all should get the no limit cheer shoes they're perfect for stunting and tumbling also jumping

Maybe for all girl, but I fly coed and the guys like them. They hated nifities because they were too bendy and hard to hold on to. My old flyer (based last year for HS) had the flashes, I didn't mind them at all. But shoes don't really phase me unless they are like super worn out :)
Lol we are coed. I base and then a guy bases as well. We dropped a girl today... not on the ground, but she fell....:oops:

Lol we are coed. I base and then a guy bases as well. We dropped a girl today... not on the ground, but she fell....:oops:
Hmmm. Maybe our guys like them because it's one guy for every girl instead of a double base? Cuz they grip the foot different?

You really can't do anything about the color, except clean your shoes regularly. Now my dughter's team uses Nfinity which she just loves because of the tumbling.....I don't like them because by the end of the season she has tape all over the shoe; you can't even tall that they are sneakers, but like I said, she loves them. The only other shoe I could get her to wear, believe it or not, are Danskins which I got from Walmart for $10.....They are perfect for stunting and very lite so tumbling is great. So now she will use these for games and practice and save the nfinities for comps and special appearances.

Back