All-Star Silly Cheer Bow Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

th
th
th
th
th
The cheer bow/hair progression over the years. Lol, I love the bows but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kind of frightened to see what's next :p
Those bow tails on the third picture are so long. I would be so annoyed with long tails.

Eta: it was the third picture not the second one I was referring to.

To add to the fact that bows are everywhere, my friend and I were looking at the DECA (it's a business competition) clothing catalogue, and we found cheer bows for sale... Cheer Ponytail Holder | DECA Images

I went through a phase during 7th grade where I would wear one of my huge cheer bows to school on just a regular day if I were wearing my gym's shirt or other cheer apparel. My mom told me to take it out and some people at school probably looked twice but I was happy lol
I dreamed about wearing cheer bows in public, my Mom would always take the out of my hair when ever I tried to wear them to anywhere but cheer. :(

Ha guys I was that girl who wore them everywhere! ;) Still wear them for all my college practices... I guess old habits die hard? Figured there are only so many times I will be able to wear cheer bows, so might as well make the most out of it! I personally love bows, and have no shame in faithfully wearing big bows on top of my head. I will say that they are becoming much more mainstream, however. Claires, Icing, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann Fabrics.. I see them in traditionally "non cheer" stores.

CP softball team wears bows. Just not the same way AS cheer does. But still- cute bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shout out to everyone who grew up cheering in the era of your bow = someone's mom cutting out individual lengths of 1.5 inch WRAPPING ribbon.

While not the same, NCA staff (and I bet UCA staff does this too) still wears just a 1" ribbon that we had to tie ourselves. Mine always looked so wonky since I never had to tie my own bow before haha.

While not the same, NCA staff (and I bet UCA staff does this too) still wears just a 1" ribbon that we had to tie ourselves. Mine always looked so wonky since I never had to tie my own bow before haha.

I couldn't tie a bow out of ribbon to save my life.

I would have had to make it into a bow with the attached ponytail elastic!

Tying your own bow was an art form that took much practice! I remember my first already tied bow!

Back