All-Star Small Coed 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess that she would argue that Senior Elite was also not deserving of their Gold Medal in 2010?
But lets not go there, because I really don't want to get nasty tonight. Good Luck to you guys!
You'd have to ask her. Like I said, she likes perfection. End of. Thank you.

Based on the statement of your opinion, (which is contradictory in nature), I'd have to say that a lesson on scoring would do you wonders to understand why teams are able to absorb imperfections in their routine and still contend for a medal, or in some cases win all together.

Perhaps Coach Troy would be willing to educate you on the inner working of the scoring systems, as well as offer an explanation behind why a team that is so far ahead in many areas of the score sheet that they can absorb deductions, and still be successful in the final results.
Based on the statement of your opinion, (which is contradictory in nature), I'd have to say that a lesson on scoring would do you wonders to understand why teams are able to absorb imperfections in their routine and still contend for a medal, or in some cases win all together.

Perhaps Coach Troy would be willing to educate you on the inner working of the scoring systems, as well as offer an explanation behind why a team that is so far ahead in many areas of the score sheet that they can absorb deductions, and still be successful in the final results.

I have been in the cheer industry for 18 years. Staffing, judging, owning a gym myself, coaching at 2 award winning gyms, ex gymnast, ex college cheerleader and I am a mom to 2 girls that have done this since they were 4 (hense the name magical mom). I do understand the scoring system and I have for the last 18 years with all of the changes that this industry has had. I was just saying and not implying to any team in particular that I feel you should be pretty much flawless to win in the top 3. What's wrong with me believing that? Cant I expect our sport to be compared to gymnastics in that way? Can't I expect for all of us to push the bar of hitting a routine and having difficulty at the same time? Can't I expect for our industry to grow? Coach Troy is very good with the scoring system and can argue any deduction to a tee. He also has been in this industry for 20 years and has also seen the growth and is very good at what he does.

I have been in the cheer industry for 18 years. Staffing, judging, owning a gym myself, coaching at 2 award winning gyms, ex gymnast, ex college cheerleader and I am a mom to 2 girls that have done this since they were 4 (hense the name magical mom). I do understand the scoring system and I have for the last 18 years with all of the changes that this industry has had. I was just saying and not implying to any team in particular that I feel you should be pretty much flawless to win in the top 3. What's wrong with me believing that? Cant I expect our sport to be compared to gymnastics in that way? Can't I expect for all of us to push the bar of hitting a routine and having difficulty at the same time? Can't I expect for our industry to grow? Coach Troy is very good with the scoring system and can argue any deduction to a tee. He also has been in this industry for 20 years and has also seen the growth and is very good at what he does.
Two questions based on your wish to have flawless win always...1. what if no one is flawless? 2. You would have a team who does majority single fulls and easier elements beat a team who maxes out most of the scorecard but isnt flawless? IMHO...the scorecard reigns and sometime flawless isnt the best team...they are sometimes the team who watered down the most or the one who is playing it safe....not sure that is the best product to watch.

Two questions based on your wish to have flawless win always...1. what if no one is flawless? 2. You would have a team who does majority single fulls and easier elements beat a team who maxes out most of the scorecard but isnt flawless? IMHO...the scorecard reigns and sometime flawless isnt the best team...they are sometimes the team who watered down the most or the one who is playing it safe....not sure that is the best product to watch.

Yes you are right and I agree!! I wish it was a perfect world, but unfortunately we are human and this is a sport where anything can happen. I tell my kids not to expect to win when you have deductions ever. I wish worlds was like the old days of NCA & UCA when you had to hit your routine and be clean while doing it. It's hard to keep telling the athletes over and over "if you hit...." but thats not the case any more. I do understand difficulty of course and I know it plays a huge roll, but I just love the nail bitting performances of..... did they hit? was there deductions? yes, now the door is open.

Yes you are right and I agree!! I wish it was a perfect world, but unfortunately we are human and this is a sport where anything can happen. I tell my kids not to expect to win when you have deductions ever. I wish worlds was like the old days of NCA & UCA when you had to hit your routine and be clean while doing it. It's hard to keep telling the athletes over and over "if you hit...." but thats not the case any more. I do understand difficulty of course and I know it plays a huge roll, but I just love the nail bitting performances of..... did they hit? was there deductions? yes, now the door is open.
I understand your thoughts and trust me I know...I won the United States Roller Skating Championships way back when and judged sports are always this way....but...I will never vote for a watered down easy routine for the sake of "perfection" after witnessing kids not make a worlds team because they don't have skills or watching my cp kill herself to get the standing full...I would rather see a team going for it than going to Worlds and watching level 5 send clean fulls...it might be just me too:/

I understand your thoughts and trust me I know...I won the United States Roller Skating Championships way back when and judged sports are always this way....but...I will never vote for a watered down easy routine for the sake of "perfection" after witnessing kids not make a worlds team because they don't have skills or watching my cp kill herself to get the standing full...I would rather see a team going for it than going to Worlds and watching level 5 send clean fulls...it might be just me too:/
See, while I think that is great. I'd rather see perfectly executed stuff, like my coach. I guess that's just a difference of preference. :)

See, while I think that is great. I'd rather see perfectly executed stuff, like my coach. I guess that's just a difference of preference. :)
The problem with that is you probably arent getting the best team..but to each his own....the sport will never advance if everyone waters down for the sake of someones version of "perfection" IMO

The problem with that is you probably arent getting the best team..but to each his own....the sport will never advance if everyone waters down for the sake of someones version of "perfection" IMO
But, this would make teams to make their difficulty look tight. If they have higher difficulty and they're not a sloppy mess. Then okay :)

Thanks for the clarification. Your first post coupled with your user login didn't shed light on your experiences. Now seeing that, I see that it's a matter of opinion then misunderstanding.

Back