All-Star Small Coed 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the scoresheet is a bigger factor than the name of a gym...example.....ASR this weekend in second...and Smoke had a bad 2 days and they ended up down...IMO
I think Rays wins/loses at NCA last week prove that you need more than a name. Their only level 5 that won was Green and they deserved it. None of their level 4's placed 1st including my fav team Platinum came in last place:( .

I think Rays wins/loses at NCA last week prove that you need more than a name. Their only level 5 that won was Green and they deserved it. None of their level 4's placed 1st including my fav team Platinum came in last place:( .
yes....smoke had a rough weekend but NO smart person is taking that for granted at worlds! Rays always bring it!

I understand your thoughts and trust me I know...I won the United States Roller Skating Championships way back when and judged sports are always this way....but...I will never vote for a watered down easy routine for the sake of "perfection" after witnessing kids not make a worlds team because they don't have skills or watching my cp kill herself to get the standing full...I would rather see a team going for it than going to Worlds and watching level 5 send clean fulls...it might be just me too:/
I agree. There should be a mandatory number of elements a level has to include so that would help eliminate the watered down "clean" routine.

yes....smoke had a rough weekend but NO smart person is taking that for granted at worlds! Rays always bring it!
I couldn't agree more as Smoke is my 2nd fav Rays team. I was just responding to a post that said they basically win because of the Rays name. After the NCA placement I know they will bring it for Worlds, especially since this is Brett's possible last year as Smoke coach.

Andrew, we understand your pride.. But you're beating a dead horse with this self assurance and reassurance. See you at Worlds.
I don't need self assurance or reassurance. At all. I know how talented Mysterious are and how well they can do in this division. I know we have more than just "nice socks." see you at worlds.

I think Smoke is one to watch. They were amazing at Cheersport. And ICE. when they hit, it's amazing!

also...MYSTERIOUS and PCM as a whole are not afraid of competing against anyone in front of any pannel of judges..... i mean they did make top 10 last year and theyre way better than they were this same time last year ..... so just wait and see the results...we cant really base anything off of another competition..... all that matters is the performance they give on the worlds mat and if u want to battle it out with them ...thats where u can do it at ...on the worlds mat!!
christina 3655- I feel PCM not going to NCA and competing against the "big dogs" was NOT in their best interest leading up to Worlds. IMO. I understand if they couldnt afford the trip to Dallas, which was the reason you stated for not going, but just think if those judges could have seen PCM compete head to head with teams like Smoed and Brandon. Probably most of those judges will be at Worlds? NCA was the first big showdown for this div, with all the top teams, and PCM wasnt there. Maybe next year think about going to Dallas instead of Cheersport and hang with the "big dogs" Like all the other top programs do. Congrats on your bid in Vegas and good luck at Worlds :)
Common misunderstanding is that all the worlds judges come and judge NCA. This is just untrue. Cheersport Nationals has just as many worlds judges as NCA and JAMZ (in relation to its numbers) makes sure 50% of its judges have judged at least 1 Cheerleaidng Worlds.
In fact the World Judges come from a cross section of judges from event producers all over the US. I definitely now at JAMZ all 5 judges who were on the Worlds Panel are current judges for the Cheerleading Worlds and you see the score they gave PCM Mysterious, so I think this speaks volumes to their opinion of their routines. SO by going to JAMZ instead of NCA they had just as much if not more opportunity to perform before judges who will be judging at Worlds. Lastly I think you may not want to discount Cheersport over NCA when it comes to the "big boys" attending. I find it very hard to say more "big boys" in Small coed or for that matter any of the Level 5 divisions attended NCA over Cheersport. Just my observations.

Common misunderstanding is that all the worlds judges come and judge NCA. This is just untrue. Cheersport Nationals has just as many worlds judges as NCA and JAMZ (in relation to its numbers) makes sure 50% of its judges have judged at least 1 Cheerleaidng Worlds.
In fact the World Judges come from a cross section of judges from event producers all over the US. I definitely now at JAMZ all 5 judges who were on the Worlds Panel are current judges for the Cheerleading Worlds and you see the score they gave PCM Mysterious, so I think this speaks volumes to their opinion of their routines. SO by going to JAMZ instead of NCA they had just as much if not more opportunity to perform before judges who will be judging at Worlds. Lastly I think you may not want to discount Cheersport over NCA when it comes to the "big boys" attending. I find it very hard to say more "big boys" in Small coed or for that matter any of the Level 5 divisions attended NCA over Cheersport. Just my observations.
i agree with you ...thank you for schooling these ignorant cheer groupies ...:D

Back