All-Star Small Coed 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Common misunderstanding is that all the worlds judges come and judge NCA. This is just untrue. Cheersport Nationals has just as many worlds judges as NCA and JAMZ (in relation to its numbers) makes sure 50% of its judges have judged at least 1 Cheerleaidng Worlds.
In fact the World Judges come from a cross section of judges from event producers all over the US. I definitely now at JAMZ all 5 judges who were on the Worlds Panel are current judges for the Cheerleading Worlds and you see the score they gave PCM Mysterious, so I think this speaks volumes to their opinion of their routines. SO by going to JAMZ instead of NCA they had just as much if not more opportunity to perform before judges who will be judging at Worlds. Lastly I think you may not want to discount Cheersport over NCA when it comes to the "big boys" attending. I find it very hard to say more "big boys" in Small coed or for that matter any of the Level 5 divisions attended NCA over Cheersport. Just my observations.

I LOVE supporting our local EP's. Between CA and NV I feel, I get enough of great teams to fulfill my cheer needs. Worlds is enough big travel for one year.

I think meanj will enjoy answering this post:). Really? Name calling? Tisk tisk
i think this is better than what i had to say originally ....i wasnt really calling anyone in particular a name....i was just speaking....sorry if you took it the wrong way .....

I LOVE supporting our local EP's. Between CA and NV I feel, I get enough of great teams to fulfill my cheer needs. Worlds is enough big travel for one year.
As a parent and personally speaking...nca gives the kids an experience most like Worlds. The lights... The size of the arena... The vast number of teams gives them experience that helps prepare so cal trams for worlds... Nothing in Cali is close to nca...IMO

As a parent and personally speaking...nca gives the kids an experience most like Worlds. The lights... The size of the arena... The vast number of teams gives them experience that helps prepare so cal trams for worlds... Nothing in Cali is close to nca...IMO

For me though its just fine...I feel we put enough time and money into this activity for Worlds. After 11years, I'm good.

Agree with Lakerfantlc :) Nothing like NCA other than Worlds. Cheersport splitting the div (weak) I bet NCA had more teams in their sm coed div (33) than Jamz had in their entire level 5 div fighting for the 2 paid bids. Nothing like NCA!!!!

JAMZ had 23 teams (out of a total 26 level 5 teams) who wanted that paid bid. But keep in mind that JAMZ only had 2 paid bids to give out, whereas NCA had 8. I think NCA guaranteed that division winners would receive a full paid bid (or maybe I'm thinking UCA?), but only 2 division winners didn't have full paid bids already, and more paid bids ended up somewhere around 2nd-4th place teams in some cases. I mean, is NCA awarding an at-large bid to a 25th place team worse than 23 teams competing for 2 paid bids?

Getting back on track....

I think Indiana Ultimate Small Coed 5 is VERY underestimated. They've been in the Top 15-ish very year at Worlds. One year they lack tumbling, one year they lack stunting, and this year I think they have it all. I worked with this team this weekend and they have really got it! I could see them breaking into the Top 10!

Thanks for the info xo sarah :) But how many teams at NCA in the level 5 div were trying to get those 8 bids? I'm sure in the sm coed div alone had more than Jamz entire level 5 div (23) and the overall competiton at NCA was much more firece than at Jamz for those pd bids. Anyways enough said about this. Good luck to everybody at Worlds :)

Back