All-Star Smaller Bases. Bigger Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2010
On a team in our gym and other gyms the flyers are bigger than our bases. I think its normal and weird at the same time. If the flyer can stay up the should be in the air. What are your opinions???

as long as the flyer can hold her weight its okay. Ive flown a flyer bigger then me at school and she wasnt good, she fell all the time and didnt hold her weight but she had amazing flexibility. ive also flown bigger flyers that hold themselves so well that they feel less then a little fetus flyer. I think it all depends on if the flyer knows the concept of holding yourself up.

I've always been told "as long as they can hold their own weight!"

I've backed some "larger" (I feel bad even saying that, cause they were by no means large) flyers who have been amazing. As long as it works, why not?

I'm a smaller base, but I love basing. And I'd like to think I'm strong enough to hold flyers who are taller than me, and I do. They can hold their own weight and I can help too.

I'm 5 8.5 and have been a fly and have had people tell me I should be a fly... but this thread just made my lifeee and GMH

Shimmy for that ^^ Love it!
Anyways, one year, my flyer was taller than our entire stunt group and she was the best and prettiest flyer on our team. I always loved watching her. I also know a girl who is on the shorter side but is a BEAST base. So height really shouldn't have anything to do with what position you are, as long as you are good at it.

There is a girl on my team who's like 5' and she is one of the most beast bases ever. You wouldn't even think that because she's so small, but she can stunt with girls bigger than her!

There is a girl on my team who's like 5' and she is one of the most beast bases ever. You wouldn't even think that because she's so small, but she can stunt with girls bigger than her!

youu should video her and post it i would love to see tht

Back