All-Star Smoed Ep. 12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The point is: even if everyone on the fierceboard discussed this and came to the conclusion that it is not appropriate, there is exactly nothing that would change. Things would only change if parents would stop letting their kids cheer at Cali because they don't like the way Cali runs their gym. That's the way businesses work.

If you are looking for a higher standard: find yourself a gym that has them. But from personal experience I can tell you that it is a lot more important how you raise your kid. I doesn't matter what a coach or a teacher tells them. It matters what you tell them and what you exemplify to your kids through your life.

And if you don't like the way the producers edited the whole thing there is an easy thing to do: don't watch the show. It's the same thing as with the Cali-parents: if you don't like something don't give them money (and yes, everyone who watches the show gives them money because that's just the way youtube works).
There are tons of TV-shows I don't like because of the way people are shown there - the easy solution: I don't watch them!
I think you misunderstood. I meant the tryout thread you mentioned wasn't that crazy, not that you thought I was crazy. Sorry for the confusion. I see how you could have read it that way, and I should have been more clear,

I don't agree with cheer25mom , but some of you are almost bullying her. Just because you've been here longer and have more shimmys doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. Lets just all agree to disagree.
Sounds like a solid plan to me, and I respect the fact that you can say you disagree without being nasty. Good for you!

• pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
    Hey guys! Awesomeness tv has been nothing but great to us, it is almost impossible to get the whole story in 5-7 min episodes. Some editing has to happen to make it all work.
    As for Kassidy coming back and Ty being removed....
    Yup your right, it's not fair... life isn't fair. Sometimes I need to make decisions that are best for all the athletes on my team, those decisions are not always easy ones. Kassidy is a great athlete and competitor. Smoed is not just another team, it takes an exceptional athlete to be able to perform and handle that kind of pressure. When she started there were a few athletes on "the chopping block"..if you are not constantly working and maintaining/improving your skills your "spot" is NOT secure. Unfortunately, Ty just happened to get hurt in the middle of it all. Kassidy was an obvious option. She has cheered for me for 6 years... she is NOT a ring chaser (she has 2),she is a fierce competitor and a hard worker. There was so much more to her quitting... I'm just glad it all worked out. Smoed is doing extremely well and we are excited for worlds. Please keep it positive. Thank you all for watching :

• pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
    Hey guys! Awesomeness tv has been nothing but great to us, it is almost impossible to get the whole story in 5-7 min episodes. Some editing has to happen to make it all work.
    Yup your right, it's not fair... life isn't fair. Sometimes I need to make decisions that are best for all the athletes on my team, those decisions are not always easy ones. Kassidy is a great athlete and competitor. Smoed is not just another team, it takes an exceptional athlete to be able to perform and handle that kind of pressure. When she started there were a few athletes on "the chopping block"..if you are not constantly working and maintaining/improving your skills your "spot" is NOT secure. Unfortunately, Ty just happened to get hurt in the middle of it all. Kassidy was an obvious option. She has cheered for me for 6 years... she is NOT a ring chaser (she has 2),she is a fierce competitor and a hard worker. There was so much more to her quitting... I'm just glad it all worked out. Smoed is doing extremely well and we are excited for worlds. Please keep it positive. Thank you all for watching :

The episodes could be slightly longer... Like... 8 minutes, 9 minutes, an hour. ;)

I have really enjoyed this series!! I only wish the episodes were a little longer and possibly showed smoed's interaction with the other worlds teams within the Cali program!! I love that they show the highs and lows of the sport while portraying it as the true athletic activity it is!!! All in all, great job awesomeness tv!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

• pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

You are so sweet and mature. Good luck for the rest of the season and Worlds!

Personally, I think the mom that everyone has been "bullying" has been vindicated. What she was trying to explain, did in fact happen, and I think some folks on this thread owe her an apology.
Thanks for this. At least someone realizes the truth has been manipulated. I am thinking at this point it was most likkely the produces. i appreciate the few, including Cassidy, who were able to didscuss it with some level of maturity. This is the last I will say on it.

Thanks for this. At least someone realizes the truth has been manipulated. I am thinking at this point it was most likkely the produces. i appreciate the few, including Cassidy, who were able to didscuss it with some level of maturity. This is the last I will say on it.
Yet you posted about it again... :rolleyes:
can we all just please MOVE ON from this?

I think 10 people jumping down someone throat for having an opinion or being called a crazy mom is kinda bullying. Just saying!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Don't get it twisted . She brought it on herself by calling out an athlete and making some rather disparaging remarks about the program. Anyone is welcome to an opinion however her interpretation of what transpired was uncalled for.

Back