All-Star Smoed Eps 16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so confused by the Clinton thing.
See how i thought it went was: Clinton is 18, so he doesn't need a release. He got freaked out and decided he didn't want to cheer, so he lied and said his parents wouldn't let him and that he was actually 17. But he was 18 the whole time, he just pretended to be 17 as an excuse to quit (but owned up to it in the end)
But one of the guys said he was 19 and so he wasn't eligible... which is it?

He probably was 18 at tryout time and later turned 19

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

What confused me is that at the end Clinton was talking about how glad he was they could find a replacement "that actually wanted to do it" etc. Making it seem like he didn't want to cheer in the first place? And the fact that he said he didn't regret it. I don't know, perhaps I interpreted it wrong but I'm really proud of the Smoed guys for being so kind to him even after all of that drama. True class!

What confused me is that at the end Clinton was talking about how glad he was they could find a replacement "that actually wanted to do it" etc. Making it seem like he didn't want to cheer in the first place? And the fact that he said he didn't regret it. I don't know, perhaps I interpreted it wrong but I'm really proud of the Smoed guys for being so kind to him even after all of that drama. True class!
He said "I don't want to seem like that weak boy who can't make it through a cali smoed season" (reason he lied) and then he said "I should've just been straight up from the beginning and just said I didn't want to do it any more."
So yeah he didn't want to do it and he's saying he's glad they found Robert who did.

He said "I don't want to seem like that weak boy who can't make it through a cali smoed season" (reason he lied) and then he said "I should've just been straight up from the beginning and just said I didn't want to do it any more."
So yeah he didn't want to do it and he's saying he's glad they found Robert who did.
That makes sense!

The thing with Clinton though, I don't get why he lied in the first place. He aged out. Leaving cheer is hard, though it didn't seem like he didn't really want to do it in the first place, but why would you even put your team in jeopardy for that? Say he did continue the season, couldn't his team get in big trouble if they're competing with an aged out athlete? It's sad that he got caught up in all the lies. Nothing against him though, he seems like a great kid, I just don't get it.
Also, I love Robert. He's also probably better at basketball than me, which should really tell you all how fab I am at basketball. (And you'd think I'd be able to play considering I'm like 5'10", but no, I'm awful.)

The thing with Clinton though, I don't get why he lied in the first place. He aged out. Leaving cheer is hard, though it didn't seem like he didn't really want to do it in the first place, but why would you even put your team in jeopardy for that? Say he did continue the season, couldn't his team get in big trouble if they're competing with an aged out athlete? It's sad that he got caught up in all the lies. Nothing against him though, he seems like a great kid, I just don't get it.
Also, I love Robert. He's also probably better at basketball than me, which should really tell you all how fab I am at basketball. (And you'd think I'd be able to play considering I'm like 5'10", but no, I'm awful.)
I'm going to guess as of August 31,2012 he was 18. That's the cut off date. I don't think he aged out I think the boys just assumed.. Also, this year didn't seem to be his first year, how in the world do you lie about your age?! Did they not need proof of age the year before? So confusing

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back