All-Star Smoed Esp 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sometimes I forget the age limits and stuff...I feel really old... I'm 19 an it's my last yr of cheer ahah. That new guy. So fine! Lol it that bad...?

For obvious reasons, I would never discuss a child's/family's personal choices, but I feel it's only right to address that Robert never "chased" the best teams. He's been a FAME kid since forever. It's sort of like being at a job and moving up the ranks from cashier to General Manager. You learn and grow along the way, and eventually you get to a point where that company can't teach you any more, nor are you giving the company anything more than you've given. That's when it's time to move on.
FAME consistently presents goals and new challenges for my cps. Smoed gives that to Robert. And Cali will have a huge red, black and silver cheering section at Worlds!
When I said chase it I didn't mean like fame or even the rings I only meant it because he said it was his dream to be on smoed so he should chase it!

For obvious reasons, I would never discuss a child's/family's personal choices, but I feel it's only right to address that Robert never "chased" the best teams. He's been a FAME kid since forever. It's sort of like being at a job and moving up the ranks from cashier to General Manager. You learn and grow along the way, and eventually you get to a point where that company can't teach you any more, nor are you giving the company anything more than you've given. That's when it's time to move on.
FAME consistently presents goals and new challenges for my cps. Smoed gives that to Robert. And Cali will have a huge red, black and silver cheering section at Worlds!
Thanks for posting this Mamarazzi. I was wondering if Fame embraced or was devastated by his opportunity and decision to go to Smoed. I also wondered if you and lakerfantlc somehow got the ball rolling on this ;)

These episodes are getting shorter and shorter..... That needs to stop.
we need to get as many people as possible to watch this or it will not keep going. SO spread the word. My CP thought this was the best episode yet. She is going to flip out when Gabi starts showing up!

Thanks for posting this Mamarazzi. I was wondering if Fame embraced or was devastated by his opportunity and decision to go to Smoed.

I can only speak for myself, as (forthcoming disclaimer) I am in no way, shape or form the official FAME spokesperson.
Personally, I feel like it's a natural progression for someone to keep moving forward if an opportunity presents itself. What could I have said to him? "Robert, I think you shouldn't be on a Worlds-winning team, with 19 athletes that are equal-to, or better than, you are. Because, you know, you've been with FAME since birth and that would just suck for you to move." Really? No.
The team that he left in VA never felt like they couldn't compete without him. They started without him, they'll finish without him, and they've already earned their Worlds bid. They are a team, and no single person ever made, or could break, that team. I don't mean to sound like Robert wasn't a good fit for Vengeance, or seem irreverant in any way, it's just that 1 person doesn't have that power over Vengeance. That's a hard-core group of amazing athletes with hopes and dreams and love.
I still love Robert! I'm not angry or bitter or disappointed with his decision! I'm proud of him, and proud of the fact that athletes like Robert and Santwon and lots of other incredible athletes learned and honed their skills at FAME! But do I miss him? Yeah, he's too "pretty" not to miss :rolleyes:

I can only speak for myself, as (forthcoming disclaimer) I am in no way, shape or form the official FAME spokesperson.
Personally, I feel like it's a natural progression for someone to keep moving forward if an opportunity presents itself. What could I have said to him? "Robert, I think you shouldn't be on a Worlds-winning team, with 19 athletes that are equal-to, or better than, you are. Because, you know, you've been with FAME since birth and that would just suck for you to move." Really? No.
The team that he left in VA never felt like they couldn't compete without him. They started without him, they'll finish without him, and they've already earned their Worlds bid. They are a team, and no single person ever made, or could break, that team. I don't mean to sound like Robert wasn't a good fit for Vengeance, or seem irreverant in any way, it's just that 1 person doesn't have that power over Vengeance. That's a hard-core group of amazing athletes with hopes and dreams and love.
I still love Robert! I'm not angry or bitter or disappointed with his decision! I'm proud of him, and proud of the fact that athletes like Robert and Santwon and lots of other incredible athletes learned and honed their skills at FAME! But do I miss him? Yeah, he's too "pretty" not to miss :rolleyes:
Which team is Vengeance? Like small coed or med coed? Not familiar with all of the fame teams. thanks!

Which team is Vengeance? Like small coed or med coed? Not familiar with all of the fame teams. thanks!

Vengeance is the Central/Midlo combo Large Coed team that was born from Celebs (Midlo) and Blackout (Central.) New team, new dream :)

I like how they didn't make it seem like Robert just wanted to be on the team because they're world champions. They made sure they put in the fact that he has a huge passion for the sport and not just the team. He's been given an incredible opportunity and I think that its so great that his parents support him enough to let him travel to the other side of the country to chase his dreams! :p

I also wondered if you and lakerfantlc somehow got the ball rolling on this ;)

Oh, forgot to answer this part - Yeah, cuz I'm the only cheer Mom in the history of the world that just calls World-champ teams and says "Oh, hey, can my kid be on your team? Ok, thanks. Bye!"
I'm.just.that.good.
I should try getting Mini on TGLC. Drkilluzionz - we can make that happen, I'm sure!

I don't run in the level 5 crowd, so just wanting to learn here: Didn't FAME have to "release" Robert in order for him to go to another team? If they did, it must've been done with some blessings.

I don't run in the level 5 crowd, so just wanting to learn here: Didn't FAME have to "release" Robert in order for him to go to another team? If they did, it must've been done with some blessings.

Actually, no. Robert never competed with Vengeance this season, so he's good. He was in CA before our comp season began.

Back