All-Star So Freak'n Mad! #gotjaded

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2012
We did our best performance yet this year and lost by .01! To a team WHO DROPPED 2 FREAK'N STUNTS. We deserved 1st place the only error we had was a slight timing, they dropped 2 stunts (LEVEL 1 STUNTS ILL HAVE YOU KNOW!!!) and had the lamest routine. We should've been first but we got 2nd. This competition was a joke. Those judges are a joke. THEIR PERFORMANCE WAS A JOKE. Sorry for the drama I am just extremely mad!!!

It's alright to be mad, but I highly doubt everything about the competition was a joke. The other team's routine must have fit this comp's score sheet better or they had harder stunts to begin with, or harder/more team tumbling or some sort of edge that let them beat you even after they dropped stunts. Or maybe you guys had a lot of tumbling touch downs or smaller deductions that the other team didn't have.

We absolutely killed a routine this weekend and finished second....

The fault was entirely ours. Illegal move in pyramid. So while they did have three hands down and two falls... We beat ourselves. (Which is obvious if we picked up a safety deduction and still finished second). Be careful when you light up the boards about this kind of stuff, there's usually a reasonable explanation and sometimes you might not like it.

We did our best performance yet this year and lost by .01! To a team WHO DROPPED 2 FREAK'N STUNTS. We deserved 1st place the only error we had was a slight timing, they dropped 2 stunts (LEVEL 1 STUNTS ILL HAVE YOU KNOW!!!) and had the lamest routine. We should've been first but we got 2nd. This competition was a joke. Those judges are a joke. THEIR PERFORMANCE WAS A JOKE. Sorry for the drama I am just extremely mad!!!
Maybe your performance wasnt as maxed out as the team who won, therefor they had some wiggle room with deductions, for instance my daughters team at one of our comps, day 1 had 2 sb, pyramid issue and 2 td in standing, they were still ahead day 1 by 9 points because they are so maxed out with the routine. Regardless if level 4/5 or level 1 in your case, this does happen...alot

Most of the time even if you hit perfectly and the other team didn't, it usually comes down to working the score sheet and maxing out in all areas & most of all - BEING CLEAN!

So you know where not to go next year. I get how frustrating it can be to loose against a team when you saw your team in first because of your view of the routines.
I don't know what competition it was, but i guess the judges knew the score sheet and like you said - your team lost by .01.
So it was really close, but if you look at the score sheets you got from the judges, and really look close you will sure find in which parts you lost points that you would have needed to win.
It gives you/your team the chance to get better and take it home next time.

Cheerleading score sheets are made off so much more than "not dropping a stunt".

So you know where not to go next year. I get how frustrating it can be to loose against a team when you saw your team in first because of your view of the routines.
I don't know what competition it was, but i guess the judges knew the score sheet and like you said - your team lost by .01.
So it was really close, but if you look at the score sheets you got from the judges, and really look close you will sure find in which parts you lost points that you would have needed to win.
It gives you/your team the chance to get better and take it home next time.

Cheerleading score sheets are made off so much more than "not dropping a stunt".

I'm sorry, but we are going to look at the score sheet today. We nailed everything. We didn't just "not drop a stunt". Of course that isn't what it's all about I'm not a complete idiot.

It's alright to be mad, but I highly doubt everything about the competition was a joke. The other team's routine must have fit this comp's score sheet better or they had harder stunts to begin with, or harder/more team tumbling or some sort of edge that let them beat you even after they dropped stunts. Or maybe you guys had a lot of tumbling touch downs or smaller deductions that the other team didn't have.

Their stunts were so freakin' bad. The only stunt they had was going into a half...

Okay first of all... Calm down.
2nd, by posting this in the way you did, you're making yourself and your program look bad. Take a breath before you post something like this next time. It probably could have been said in a much nicer way.

I'm anonymous. So who cares? I deserve to be upset. You don't even know what program I'm in.

As BuegeSmalls was alluding to, you need to look at your raw scores before deductions to see the whole picture. Their overall max score could have been much higher than yours thereby giving them the ability to have more deductions and still win even if your performance was perfect today.

Also, is this your first year in All-Stars or High School cheer?

Well it is in the All-Star category so...

Although i know you're extremely upset, this is completely uncalled for.

Maybe your routine hit, and theirs didn't. Lets pretend this;

Your maximum scores you can get for jumps is 5, and you guys felt like you hit them, but really the judges saw some error (dropped chests, bent knees, off timing) so they gave you a 4/5.
It really isn't about difficulty sometimes.
From Worlds 2012 (sorry to bring up this "drama") Spirit of Texas Med. Coed dropped a stunt and they won, beating South Elite diamonds who didn't drop a stunt but had a stronger stunt sequence. But then again SOT had stronger tumbling.

Many things are accounted (is that the right word?) for besides if the routine completely "hit"

But this is seriously uncalled for. What if that other team has someone on the boards. They'll know this is about them. Calm down, its okay to get 2nd sometimes.

Back