All-Star So5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Because Juniors don't belong at worlds. I am extremely thankful they got rid of them at worlds. It should only be for senior teams.
As far as everyone else complaining about SO5...it's time to build a bridge and get over it. No one is ever happy. SO5 didn't exist, and people weren't happy cause they couldn't compete with the big dogs. SO5 is created, and people aren't happy because the big dogs have the same problem they do with in between kids. This is not, nor was it ever intended to be a small gym division. Same as 4.2. Do you honestly think that because a gym is big they don't have the same issues placing kids that small gyms do? Seriously.

Ok we got the So5 is the most rediculous divison yeah but I dont even see the point in it...the only difference being their arent age limits and no double fulls but you know who eles doesnt belong at worlds... All the whack I5 teams...that magically get their spots in finals because of the need "to spread competitve cheerleading to the world"...really IMO with the exception of thefew great level 6 International teams I dont think these I5 teams belong at worlds either unless you have the skill to qualify like the rest of the American teams...they just need to "do what they can with what they have"...I know so off topic but I feel it's simliar to the who So5/juniors at worlds

Ok we got the So5 is the most rediculous divison yeah but I dont even see the point in it...the only difference being their arent age limits and no double fulls but you know who eles doesnt belong at worlds... All the whack I5 teams...that magically get their spots in finals because of the need "to spread competitve cheerleading to the world"...really IMO with the exception of thefew great level 6 International teams I dont think these I5 teams belong at worlds either unless you have the skill to qualify like the rest of the American teams...they just need to "do what they can with what they have"...I know so off topic but I feel it's simliar to the who So5/juniors at worlds

Um...why is so5 ridiculous?

not a true level 5? hmmm I DISAGREE
confused.png
, this past competition at Spirit Sports I witnessed California All Stars small senior open coed level 5 and they are ridiculous! Better than most teams i watch at Worlds. I believe they also took home a specialty award for best stunt sequence that could have been given to any team at this particular competition. INSANE, i am obsessed

Next season SO5 teams will more than likely (if all the rules that were voted on go through) be even more restricted then it is now tumbling wise. No one is saying that some of the SO5 teams aren't absolutely amazing, but they are not able to do all level 5 skills therefore they are not a "true" level 5 team. If you have a team that has some doubles then take a chance at a competition and go for a bid. I in no way think that SO5 is a ridiculous division, it is great for those athletes that need it. If you want to go to worlds then work your butt off and make your way onto a Sr. 5 team.

As for Junior teams, that ship sailed a while ago and there is no reason to even discuss it because what's done is done. They are amazing athletes and I am sure one day will be on a senior team at worlds.

There are some that work their butt off and have true level 5 skills they just don’t make the age limit. As a matter of fact they work their butt off even harder than these SR5 teams who get to go to World’s with layouts and fake toe backs. Why restrict SO5??? Maybe they need to start reforming the rules on these World’s Teams and make it that each World’s team needs to be a TRUE LEVEL 5 TEAM.

Yay!!! So glad that juniors at Worlds was also brought up in this thread. @kingston you now HAVE to pin it and make it required reading. Make it so that people have to actually check a box acknowledging that they have read and understood the thread and are no longer allowed to comment.

If people still wanna talk about it, let them. If you don't wanna read about juniors at worlds, than don't. But this forum is for discussing the cheer industry, so if people still wanna talk about juniors at worlds, let them. Chill.

They have small gym divisions - everything else is fair game!!!!! On a side note - our senior open 5 won grand champs of the entire competition of a NCA regional - but did not get a full paid bid to all levels. So, not only are SO5's not worlds eligable - but they were not eligable for a full paid to all levels - BECAUSE = they are level 5.

Their are only specific competitions that offer small gym divisions but most of the divisions designed for teams to "grow or transition" just end up being filled with the same teams who are throwing their power house kids on these teams. Senior Open 5 tumbling should be limited and it should not be offered at Worlds.

Everyone is welcome to talk about it. You can debate it as long as you like. Nothing wrong with that. I will tell you, however, that it will absolutely not change. SO5 will not be a Worlds division.

For arguments sake, pretend that it WAS a Worlds division. Do you think for a second that the mega-gyms wouldn't just put powerhouse teams into that division? It would let them put their strongest under-12 kids on the team along with their amazing seniors. The division would no longer be a stepping-stone and you couldn't be competitive without full-squad perfect fulls. That would defeat the purpose for which the division was created.

If people still wanna talk about it, let them. If you don't wanna read about juniors at worlds, than don't. But this forum is for discussing the cheer industry, so if people still wanna talk about juniors at worlds, let them. Chill.
Point is, there's a search bar where you could read about these same issues...multiple times.

All skill-related conversation aside, SO5 is used (from my POV at least) to train and prepare athletes for not only the athleticism, but the maturity and emotional demand of real level 5. It wouldn't make any sense to put SO5 teams in situations that they're not ready for...like say, um, Worlds.

SO5 is not "true" level 5. It's not. It's a level below it. A level 2 team is not a "true level 3" b/c a few kids can throw a tuck and base extended one legged stunts; the same idea holds true here. Certainly not doubting the athletic ability of anyone on SO5 (I started off on an SO5 team last year), but it's not level 5. If it were...well, there wouldn't be a separate division for it?

All skill-related conversation aside, SO5 is used (from my POV at least) to train and prepare athletes for not only the athleticism, but the maturity and emotional demand of real level 5. It wouldn't make any sense to put SO5 teams in situations that they're not ready for...like say, um, Worlds.

SO5 is not "true" level 5. It's not. It's a level below it. A level 2 team is not a "true level 3" b/c a few kids can throw a tuck and base extended one legged stunts; the same idea holds true here. Certainly not doubting the athletic ability of anyone on SO5 (I started off on an SO5 team last year), but it's not level 5. If it were...well, there wouldn't be a separate division for it?

I dont see how maturity is an issue?

I dont see how maturity is an issue?

Maturity = understanding your commitment to a team, being able to handle the unbelievable pressures of level 5, keeping composure through tough situations, overcoming personal and team obstacles, dealing with incredible physical drain, not crumbling under the intense pressure of bids, etc etc etc.

Certainly you'd agree that level 5 demands all of these things, perhaps even more so than lower levels? I feel very strongly that being on SO5 before senior 5 will better prepare athletes for that. Some athletes can be ready without it, but I don't think staying out of Worlds business would be detrimental to anyone that is borderline level 5.

My response to this would be that SO5 isn't at worlds for the same reason junior 5 and youth 5 don't go to worlds. Worlds is a very prestigious event and they want to keep it that way. They don't want to offer everyone the chance to go, thats not how it is designed. It is supposed to be "the best of the best". While there are many talented athletes competing in the SO5 division, they haven't reached the level of being "world class". The time will come when those on SO5 teams will be one senior 5 teams and then they will have their chance. Theres a certain feeling of accomplishment that goes along with being an a true senior 5 team and earning the right to go to worlds. If a SO5 team truly feels that they deserve to go to worlds, then they should enter a senior 5 category. Same goes for the olympics, it is very selective in order to keep the maintain the prestige of the event, and many people see the Cheerleading Worlds as they Olympics for our sport.

Back