All-Star So5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would put our SO5 teams stunting up against any team going to worlds. We have 4 toe fulls and several 2 to fulls, every running tumbling pass includes a full and the entire team has jumps to back with no fakers. The issue at our gym is we only have 1 senior worlds team and the rest of these kids have to go somewhere. We rarely put anyone under 18 on an international team either.

I am so thankful for this division because it allows these kids to do some level 5 skills - you have to have a double to be on a worlds team at our gym.

Sometimes people forget that TUMBLING is not the only thing on scoresheets. We have almost 8 kids that dont throw a running tumbling pass in our routine currently. Why? Because they have layouts. But you know what? They stunt their butts off, perform well, and have jumps to back. We push for majority and try our best as a small gym. Should we go SO5 just because we dont have squad doubles? No. We push our kids to be their best. Im sure a time may come that I see fit we have a Senior Open 5 - but that time is not now. With some of the teams I see at Worlds some years - I question why not just go Small Senior if age isnt an issue...

I feel like people should embrace the opportunity to be on a So5 instead of complaining about not being able to go to worlds. I think its a great transition between 4 and 5. Before So5 it was hard to put kids that were level 4 onto our level 5 worlds team, even if they did have a full because they had never competed level 5 skills at a competition before. With So5 kids get the chance to compete as level 5 athletes but on a more level playing field. This division allows for preparation before going onto a worlds team. Yes, there are gyms with great So5 teams who could probably fair very well at worlds as a senior team, but if they allowed for a So5 division at worlds there would also be quite a few mediocre teams competing which is what USASF is trying to stay away from. Once again, it would take away from the prestige of the event. If you are currently on a So5 then im sure your time will come when you can compete at worlds

SO5 is pretty deep in available competition. I know Top Gun has had competition at every comp they have gone to so far. BUTBT, JamFest Indy, etc.
yes, i know, what i was referring to is that im pretty sure @onetrupairing hasnt been to a comp this year where he has competed against any of the teams he is referring to. I could be wrong, but I know his team didn't compete at Jamfest Super Nationals, BUTBT, or at NCA. It just seemed like he was complaining a lot about being in divisions with these teams that are maxed out completely with no real reason to complain

because then all the junior 5 teams would move to senior open 5;
and senior open 5 isnt a legit level 5.
it is more of a transition team from level 4 to 5.

If SO5 is a stepping stone, then there's some level 5 programs that need to step up their game. LOL... I've seen some crazy good SO5 teams this year, including Top Guns who I think are absolutely AMAZING!!

AMEN!!! Love this it's very true. Supposedly World's is suppose to be best of the best but there's a lot of Sr5 teams who get bids and go to World's with layouts and fake toe backs. Hmmm NOT best of the best to me.

Ok soo from my POV i do both teams Senoir lmt 5 and SO. I work just as hard on both teams i but i work harder on my senior lmt team. Now i say that because that team demands more then my SO5 dose dont get me wwrong they do alot but its easy at times know what i mean. The flyers on that team are much lighter an younger so for any stunt or part of the pryamid i do its quite easy for me and any other crossover from my sr5 team an the tumbling is toned down so i dont tumble as hard as i would on my Sr5 team. I look at that division like this its a division where if im lacking on the smalll details like my motions or my counts or my basic stunting hand placements or things like thats where i do it. Then the next year you can move up to Sr5 whatever and then youll have your basic foundation already there cause the SO team made all the things most Sr5 cheerleaders lack sometimes like your motions like your timing stronger. As for going to worlds no SO5 shouldnt go not because they arent "real" division but because it would actually be too easy and any and everybody would be going on a SO5 team now where's the fun in that?

Back