All-Star Special Attention

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's the team that caught my attention! I think we'll meet on the mat again this year. They went Lrg jr 4 right? We have one too, I can't wait to see you guys!!
yes they did! we grew a whole lot this season. we went from having 6 teams, to 9 teams. gonna be a great season!(hopefully at least.)

It will! Your gym redefines "tight!" We're up to 11 teams now but a few of ours went from smalls to larges too. Can't wait to see you guys, we LOVE stout competition and that's definitely CSA!

This is my cp exactly. I dont know that she will never go beyond a level 3 but I do know that when it comes to her training and her eating habits she is constantly working out at home on days she isnt in the gym and watches what she eats. Most 12/13 year olds are not that way. Her friends that she cheers with are certainly not. They eat whatever they want and admittedly dont put the time in at home like she does but some of them still progress faster than she does. She will have tons of missed texts and skype calls from her friends who are just hanging out while she spends all evening stretching and conditioning. It is sad for those who just dont necessarily have that natural ability. Now that I have completely gotten off the topic :rolleyes:

Maybe she needs to relax and let it come! Sometimes things happen when you least expect it! When my CP started tumbling I thought she would never get her tuck. Then b4 I could blink good she was working on her double all w/in a yrs time! Everything just came out of no where. I noticed when myncp got stressed about working a skill she would sort of self destruct or get e block.

Maybe she needs to relax and let it come! Sometimes things happen when you least expect it! When my CP started tumbling I thought she would never get her tuck. Then b4 I could blink good she was working on her double all w/in a yrs time! Everything just came out of no where. I noticed when myncp got stressed about working a skill she would sort of self destruct or get e block.
i have to say i do agree with the stress part my oldest cp was 7 when she started cheer and had developed her back handspring on her own before she joined and i pushed her so hard to gain skills and she didnt i mean her handsprings were amazing and she could do a million of them but nothing else and then one day she said mom stop pushing me or im going to quit so i did i backed off and in that same season she became a full out level 4 tumbler and a year later has her double and is working all sorts of new things so with my youngest i dont say a word i just let her do what she does and she is 6 an working tucks its better to just keep them stress free

If your from RME in colorado you guy should be thankful that you even have a level 5 team in that gym because for the people that live in colorado know cheer central and peak have ruled that game. but i already know about two coaches leaving peak to start a level 5 there and i'am a sure they throw two guy will do everything in there power not to lose to either of those gyms

I'm curious as to why you continue to be such a condescending poster here and on YouTube.

I so wish she would sometimes. Time will tell I guess.

I know I'm not a level 5, and my coach lets me come in and work independantly. I don't need much instruction just a space to perfect skills and keep throwing them.

I cant say I agree with the statements about level 5 teams are what brings those lower level girls in. They will aspire to be on any higher level team, which they should. But that shouldnt mean that those higher level teams are treated differently, or given better treatment and perks. It kills me to see those things go on.

I am a coach at a smaller gym, with quite a few larger, well known, very good gyms close by. The ONLY kids we lost from last season, were ones going into a specialized school program that would conflict with practices, or ones who were moving. Not only that, but our numbers almost doubled from last season. This is without a level 5 team...or even a level 4 for that matter. We only had levels 1 and 2 last season, and we werent going around winning every competition (though our kids did a fantastic job, which is all we can ask of them). So how did our gym grow?

Simple word of mouth from our parents. Every single child in our program is loved and treated EXACTLY the same, no matter what age/skill level, and the parents know it. They know that when we do reach the point of having a level 5 team, things will still be the same in that aspect. If we feel a team needs an extra free class to work on skills, then it will be offered to every level. Every coach as well as the owner goes to each teams practices (not every practice, but many). The numbers will continue to grow for us, along with skill, as long as we continue to do what they have been doing all along.

The mini and youth level 1 girls, will eventually be your senior level 5 girls. You need to work with them and build them into that team. Not giving them a good amount of help and instruction along the way, treating them unfairly...will only lead to you not having a senior 5 team when those girls are age eligible. It is a good way to just run your entire youth program or lower level program out of the door, because I feel like the kids and parents will start to notice unfair treatment. Sorry its long, it just boils my blood to see it happen. My youth 1 girls worked as hard as any other team last year, ended on the high note of competing level 2 at their last comp, and now make up a youth 2 and a youth 3 team for this season. Had we not paid attention, or not given the same treatment, they would probably still be level 1 this season.

I cant say I agree with the statements about level 5 teams are what brings those lower level girls in. They will aspire to be on any higher level team, which they should. But that shouldnt mean that those higher level teams are treated differently, or given better treatment and perks. It kills me to see those things go on.

I am a coach at a smaller gym, with quite a few larger, well known, very good gyms close by. The ONLY kids we lost from last season, were ones going into a specialized school program that would conflict with practices, or ones who were moving. Not only that, but our numbers almost doubled from last season. This is without a level 5 team...or even a level 4 for that matter. We only had levels 1 and 2 last season, and we werent going around winning every competition (though our kids did a fantastic job, which is all we can ask of them). So how did our gym grow?

Simple word of mouth from our parents. Every single child in our program is loved and treated EXACTLY the same, no matter what age/skill level, and the parents know it. They know that when we do reach the point of having a level 5 team, things will still be the same in that aspect. If we feel a team needs an extra free class to work on skills, then it will be offered to every level. Every coach as well as the owner goes to each teams practices (not every practice, but many). The numbers will continue to grow for us, along with skill, as long as we continue to do what they have been doing all along.

The mini and youth level 1 girls, will eventually be your senior level 5 girls. You need to work with them and build them into that team. Not giving them a good amount of help and instruction along the way, treating them unfairly...will only lead to you not having a senior 5 team when those girls are age eligible. It is a good way to just run your entire youth program or lower level program out of the door, because I feel like the kids and parents will start to notice unfair treatment. Sorry its long, it just boils my blood to see it happen. My youth 1 girls worked as hard as any other team last year, ended on the high note of competing level 2 at their last comp, and now make up a youth 2 and a youth 3 team for this season. Had we not paid attention, or not given the same treatment, they would probably still be level 1 this season.
I agree, every team should get the same quality of coaching and attention in practices. I think the top team(s) can have different types of extras though. I see nothing wrong with a level 5 uni for example. Those athletes worked hard to get to where they were through time. They are what puts a gyms name out there for the entire cheer community the vast majority of the time.

Respectfully disagree about different uni for level 5 teams...Isn't everyone in the gym "playing for the same team"? It's like saying David Beckham ought to have a different uniform then all the other players on Galaxy because he is an awesome player and earned the right to...Its all the SAME team. Ok, if you want to differentiate the levels use a different hair bow, but I think the uniforms ought to be the same across the board.

Respectfully disagree about different uni for level 5 teams...Isn't everyone in the gym "playing for the same team"? It's like saying David Beckham ought to have a different uniform then all the other players on Galaxy because he is an awesome player and earned the right to...Its all the SAME team. Ok, if you want to differentiate the levels use a different hair bow, but I think the uniforms ought to be the same across the board.
I agree and disagree with this while I think that all the levels should have the same uni there just some teams that just need to stand out like F5. But I think that if you're going to do different unis do like youth one uni, juniors another, seniors another and then level 5 another. I think that would make it more fair

Back