All-Star Spirit Sports Battle Of The Beach 4/1-4/3 Myrtle Beach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We will be there next weekend and one of the teams we are up against already has a paid bid. They are traveling pretty far for the comp. Just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not sure as a parent I would want to pay to travel to a comp when we already had a paid bid and know we have to travel to Summit in four weeks. What is everyone's thoughts. I'm not being negative towards this team just curious.
I don't see a thing out of the ordinary. Just because the team has a bid doesn't mean they shouldn't follow through with their competition schedule. This competition is often the travel competition for many gyms in our area - our gym went a couple of years ago. It was likely on the gym schedule since the beginning of the season. It is a well run competition in a nice location (when the weather Gods feel like cooperating).

The weather gods never want to cooperate at this comp. Three years in a row the weather was yucky.

Thanks for all your input. Again wasn't trying to be negative and I'm sure there are many other teams that still compete when they have bids. I guess I'm thinking chance of injury and stuff like that too. Good luck to all competing!!

So in looking at the schedule is there any way to know which teams are competing for the D2 summit bid and which are going for the regular Summit bid?

Anyone know what the deal is with the prize money for the Ultimate Battle? We went the first year and ex-CP's team won 4K but I can't remember how any of that competition on Friday actually works....and the website is uber helpful #sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the deal is with the prize money for the Ultimate Battle? We went the first year and ex-CP's team won 4K but I can't remember how any of that competition on Friday actually works....and the website is uber helpful #sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there were two pools of money and teams were split by paid bid winners and at-large bid winners. The paid bid teams were competing for a much larger chunk of money than the at-larges. I guess the competition assumes the paid teams will automatically be better and deserving of more money, even though the money would help the AL teams more :rolleyes: I remember that part about it bothering me lol

I want to say there was $75,000 total, $50,000 in the Paid-bid pool and $25,000 in the AL pool and then the pools were split in decreasing increments for 1st-3rd place winners.

ETA or it was $50,000 total, but the concept was the same.

So in looking at the schedule is there any way to know which teams are competing for the D2 summit bid and which are going for the regular Summit bid?
I don't think so because small gyms I believe can still go for regular Summit bids as well as D2. They can pick which they want to go for.

We will be there next weekend and one of the teams we are up against already has a paid bid. They are traveling pretty far for the comp. Just seems unnecessary to me. I'm not sure as a parent I would want to pay to travel to a comp when we already had a paid bid and know we have to travel to Summit in four weeks. What is everyone's thoughts. I'm not being negative towards this team just curious.
If they r traveling far maybe they got bid recently and some already had air travel booked? Or condos/hotel nights they can't back out of?

Just helping to spread the word for families/parents/friends who aren't making the trip to the beach.. Varsity.tv is live streaming both Friday night's Ultimate Battle and Saturday/Sunday's Battle at the Beach (Hall A only for the beach)

Watching both will come under one subscription purchase so its a pretty good deal!
Details for sign up: Varsity.TV
(subscriptions can be cancelled whenever..)

Scoring day 1 vs 2 breakdown for this event?

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

0HNeqK9.jpg

Back