All-Star Spirit Sports- Duel In The Desert /palm Springs 1/31/15 - 2/1/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tbh, I will rather watch a team who goes for creativity and the routine does not look like anybody and everybody's else. The problem is going for that Wow factor and make it work, everybody will be talking about that routine the next day around the water cooler, but if the team miss, this should not tank a team' score and maybe, the judges want to see a team taking a risk, just saying!

I absolutely love creativity and believe it should play a function, but you also need to be able to hit whatever you put in.

True, I agree with many of you, but I still will like to see teams pushing the envelope barring injuries... I have to say, I sat in a crowd at 1 competition and could predict most of those teams every movement,,,boring! But teams we talk about on here normally bring something more to the table...I rather sit and watch innovation over being safe and if that team can get 8 out of 10 innovative moves right, I rather award that team over a team who played it too safe and do the things that everyone else doing, just saying!

No way can I let this go unresponded to. I was in the viewing area for Aces and stepped to the far left while PCM a went on. The viewing area had plenty of empty space for the spectators to view PCM. I made a point of looking to make sure we weren't in the way. There may have been a few Cali people more in the center but the vast majority was PCM. Then I made sure all of PCM was out of the area before I went back in. I even held kids back and told them to wait and they did.
As for Smoed, we couldn't hear a thing the guy on the mic was saying. We were struggling to move out of the way while being yelled at by the event staff. There was nowhere to go! It wasn't just Cali people over in the right side. Tons and tons of kids from other gyms. It was chaos.
We ended up leaving with our big group and never got to see Smoed.

I was there as well and would like to say that EVERY time our group was asked to move we did so immediately. The event staff just did not know where to put people because there were so many! We moved where we were told too and then two minutes later we were asked to move again and did!!

No way can I let this go unresponded to. I was in the viewing area for Aces and stepped to the far left while PCM a went on. The viewing area had plenty of empty space for the spectators to view PCM. I made a point of looking to make sure we weren't in the way. There may have been a few Cali people more in the center but the vast majority was PCM. Then I made sure all of PCM was out of the area before I went back in. I even held kids back and told them to wait and they did.
As for Smoed, we couldn't hear a thing the guy on the mic was saying. We were struggling to move out of the way while being yelled at by the event staff. There was nowhere to go! It wasn't just Cali people over in the right side. Tons and tons of kids from other gyms. It was chaos.

If my earlier comment was read as the problem (shutting the comp down for 30 minutes) was entirely caused by Cali friends and Family, then I apologize. However, the Viewing area was overrun with CA uniforms and I know this because I was there and personally frustrated. After Aces, there was no reason for any PCM athlete, parent or friend to feel as if they couldn't see due to another team being in their way. 2 or 200, it just isn't OK. The Event staff approached PCM coaches to try and correct the possibilities of it happening tonight. Tonight, PCM Majesty went on and PCM Enchanted was directly afterwards. Between performances, blue CA uniforms took over the edge of the stage. One mom in a bedazzled CA shirt even told my 12 year old daughter it was time to move along. When my daughter told her politely, PCM was on again, she was shoo'd and told to just move along and ask someone for a schedule. Within seconds the announcer introduced PCM Enchanted, much to the dismay of the rude mom. At that point security was in clearing CA kids from the stage edge.

To judge an entire group by the actions of a few is wrong. All I'm saying is coaches need to talk to all of their athletes about respect and how they represent their gym.

PAID Worlds Bids:
CheerForce Nfinity
California All Stars Cali Coed
Macs- Senior Starz
CheerForce Blackout

At Large Worlds Bids:

California AS- Bangerz
California AS-Sparkle
Golden Elite-24k
OC All Stars- Black
PCM- Majesty
Spirit Athletics- Legacy
Macs- S5
PCM- Fantasy

Level 5 Grand Champion: The California All Stars Smoed

L5 Small Senior Awards:
1. The California AS
2. Pacific Coast Magic
3. Macs AS
4. USA Starz
5. Desert Storm Elite
6. Arizona AS

L5 Senior Small Coed Awards:
1. The California AS
2. Macs Allstar Cheer
3. Five Star Athletics
4. Desert Storm Elite
5 Tie. Spirit Athletics
5 Tie. Central Jersey AS
6. Reno Elite

L5 Senior Medium Coed Awards:
1. The California AS
2. CheerForce
3. American Cheer

L5 International Open Coed Awards:
1. CheerForce
2. The California AS
3. Golden Elite
4. Cheergyms.com
5. Desert Storm Elite
6. USA Starz
7. Arizona Thunder
8. Ultimate Destination

Cali Coed will get theirs for sure. Not sure about the rest. I think either Nfinity or Bangerz might get one. Oh wait maybe PCM IOC6

There was a really long delay at one point during worlds divisions today. I think it was Tannaz that went on the speaker system telling people waiting to watch smoed to go to the back of the arena until they go. It was crazy crowded.

I really liked PCM Enchanted, I think it was large senior 3. Probably one of the cleanest PCM teams I've seen.

Black Ops are just sooo good this year and I love their whole look. Those orange bows are beautiful and just the right touch.

Praying for the boy from Desert Storm restricted 5 ... not sure exactly what happened but it was a bad tumbling collision and he was carried out on a stretcher.

All the teams usually bring it for day 2 so hopefully we'll see more hit routines

i saw pcm enchanted in vegas for american grand and they're absolutely amazing. my entire team is in love with them. and their coach is extremely nice :)

It was a shame that Tanaz had to get on the mic yesterday. I understand tha a lot of people want to see SMOED, but yesterday was a disaster. The EPs did a horrible job at scheduling. PCM's family and spectators for Supernatural, couldn't even get in the viewing area. CA had ACES on before Supernatural and when it was over, they showed the utmost of disrespect by not leaving the viewing area because Black Ops was coming on after PCM.

When PCM's Enchanted was about to come on the had to stop the event for 30 minutes because the entire hall was full. Not only did the announcer's requests to clear the walkways go ignored, but the viewing area filled up again with CA kids again.

Hopefully, CA coaches will have a talk with their kids and ask for the respect level to change today and hopefully the EP will adjust the schedule just a bit.
My view of the situation was very different and stemmed from the crowds jamming into the hall to view SMOED. I was there near the holding pen waiting to see SMOED. Things were orderly until the crowds in the hall became excessive to the point of dangerous. Tannaz got on the mic in hopes of moving the SMOED crowd. The crowd consisted of individuals from many gyms. This resulted in my not getting to view SMOED at all.

And while I agree there is a level of disrespect shown by the cheerleaders in general with their pushiness and not following the rules etc. I have experienced it from all of the gyms, some more than others.
I'm in total agreement with CheerMom1969. I had the same experience. Unfortunately PCM was sandwiched between Cali teams. But the problem was not one created by Cali people as implied. For hours I struggled to watch Cali teams from our gym from the viewing area and found it extremely difficult due to cheerleaders from other gyms filling up the area. I have an issue with not being able to see my CP because
If my earlier comment was read as the problem (shutting the comp down for 30 minutes) was entirely caused by Cali friends and Family, then I apologize. However, the Viewing area was overrun with CA uniforms and I know this because I was there and personally frustrated. After Aces, there was no reason for any PCM athlete, parent or friend to feel as if they couldn't see due to another team being in their way. 2 or 200, it just isn't OK. The Event staff approached PCM coaches to try and correct the possibilities of it happening tonight. Tonight, PCM Majesty went on and PCM Enchanted was directly afterwards. Between performances, blue CA uniforms took over the edge of the stage. One mom in a bedazzled CA shirt even told my 12 year old daughter it was time to move along. When my daughter told her politely, PCM was on again, she was shoo'd and told to just move along and ask someone for a schedule. Within seconds the announcer introduced PCM Enchanted, much to the dismay of the rude mom. At that point security was in clearing CA kids from the stage edge.

To judge an entire group by the actions of a few is wrong. All I'm saying is coaches need to talk to all of their athletes about respect and how they represent their gym.
I think you have a bias perspective. I was at this competition both days. I was there when PCM went on Day 1 and there was room in the viewing area. The Cali people weren't hindering PCM from the viewing area. They were there lurking on the fringes of the viewing area. They were there because that was the only way they would get to view their team. On Day 1 there was a Cali team, PCM, then two Cali teams. For Cali to watch the first team and then have to depart the viewing area and go back around to the holding pen in order to watch the next two Cali teams was impossible. Why? Because the holding pen was full of other gyms that wanted to watch the Cali teams. So much so that Cali can't watch Cali. Can you tell me that no PCM cheerleaders remained in the viewing area to watch Cali after PCM was done ? I watched a lot of Cali teams this weekend and every time the viewing area was filled with individuals from other gyms and I was left struggling to view the performing Cali team every time. You spoke about the intervention of security today. Cali had that happen today too. Security had to make special arrangements for Cali because the Cali folk couldn't even make it thru the holding pen to get to the viewing area because it was jammed full of non Cali teams. The degree of pushing and shoving I had to endure just to see my daughter perform was ridiculous. There were entire teams from other gyms that had to be removed. So, this sort of problem isn't exclusive to PCM and isn't a problem due exclusively to disrespectful Cali cheerleaders. Can teenagers be rude, pushy and thoughtless ? Yes, without question. Should they be more respectful ? Without a doubt. I'm no excusing any misbehavior that took place this weekend. But only the Cali cheerleaders ? Really?

I think the EP needs to rethink their approach relative to this competition. There were major crowd control issues this weekend that at times were even dangerous. That should not occur. And every year the event grows larger. Something has to change.

I think the EP needs to rethink their approach relative to this competition. There were major crowd control issues this weekend that at times were even dangerous. That should not occur. And every year the event grows larger. Something has to change.

This is why I appreciate competitions where the only ones allowed in the front viewing area are those from that specific gym.

My view of the situation was very different and stemmed from the crowds jamming into the hall to view SMOED. I was there near the holding pen waiting to see SMOED. Things were orderly until the crowds in the hall became excessive to the point of dangerous. Tannaz got on the mic in hopes of moving the SMOED crowd. The crowd consisted of individuals from many gyms. This resulted in my not getting to view SMOED at all.

And while I agree there is a level of disrespect shown by the cheerleaders in general with their pushiness and not following the rules etc. I have experienced it from all of the gyms, some more than others.

I'm in total agreement with CheerMom1969. I had the same experience. Unfortunately PCM was sandwiched between Cali teams. But the problem was not one created by Cali people as implied. For hours I struggled to watch Cali teams from our gym from the viewing area and found it extremely difficult due to cheerleaders from other gyms filling up the area. I have an issue with not being able to see my CP because

I think you have a bias perspective. I was at this competition both days. I was there when PCM went on Day 1 and there was room in the viewing area. The Cali people weren't hindering PCM from the viewing area. They were there lurking on the fringes of the viewing area. They were there because that was the only way they would get to view their team. On Day 1 there was a Cali team, PCM, then two Cali teams. For Cali to watch the first team and then have to depart the viewing area and go back around to the holding pen in order to watch the next two Cali teams was impossible. Why? Because the holding pen was full of other gyms that wanted to watch the Cali teams. So much so that Cali can't watch Cali. Can you tell me that no PCM cheerleaders remained in the viewing area to watch Cali after PCM was done ? I watched a lot of Cali teams this weekend and every time the viewing area was filled with individuals from other gyms and I was left struggling to view the performing Cali team every time. You spoke about the intervention of security today. Cali had that happen today too. Security had to make special arrangements for Cali because the Cali folk couldn't even make it thru the holding pen to get to the viewing area because it was jammed full of non Cali teams. The degree of pushing and shoving I had to endure just to see my daughter perform was ridiculous. There were entire teams from other gyms that had to be removed. So, this sort of problem isn't exclusive to PCM and isn't a problem due exclusively to disrespectful Cali cheerleaders. Can teenagers be rude, pushy and thoughtless ? Yes, without question. Should they be more respectful ? Without a doubt. I'm no excusing any misbehavior that took place this weekend. But only the Cali cheerleaders ? Really?

I'm positive this wasn't just a "Cali" thing. However, in my situations and from my encounters, it was directly related to CA. As I said earlier, you can't judge a group by individual's actions. I personally know coaches the athletes from CA that would be disgusted at the actions, attitudes and disrespectful behavior of the "individuals" who I have described.

I was also at this even and noticed the crowds, it certainly wasn't all CALI kids! I think that for the more popular teams (Smoed, Coed, Black ops) they should only allowed their gym families in the viewing area but I also loved that I was able to cheer on @Cheermom1969 and Vegas cheer mom CP's in the vip area, loved that when I got home and I was showing my hubby videos of my CP's performance I could hear @Cheermom1969 and her cp shouting my daughters name, even though we were in the same division they cheered her on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see this happen with every single high profile gym or team. I don't know why everyone assumes it is only people from that gym that are being rude, disrespectful, mobbing priority, etc. I think at this point the only way to stop it is for security to only allow people in priority who are wearing gym clothing. I get that you will still have some non-gym kids in priority but I think it would cut down on the people that don't belong there. The event producers need to do something at this point, because it is out of control at every competition.

I was also at this even and noticed the crowds, it certainly wasn't all CALI kids! I think that for the more popular teams (Smoed, Coed, Black ops) they should only allowed their gym families in the viewing area but I also loved that I was able to cheer on @Cheermom1969 and Vegas cheer mom CP's in the vip area, loved that when I got home and I was showing my hubby videos of my CP's performance I could hear @Cheermom1969 and her cp shouting my daughters name, even though we were in the same division they cheered her on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We loved watching your cp! She's such a beautiful presence on the mat and she works hard!

The problem usually stems from the "entrance" to the VIP areas being so small. We've had trouble getting in to watch a y1 team before because a small group of parents wouldn't move to let us by. Add to that you only have a few minutes between teams and it becomes a cluster f.

I can't remember where it was but I remember one comp had a staging area for those waiting to go into the vip section off to the side. As soon as a team finished, they pulled up ropes or something to filter the people from the holding area in so there wasn't a mob of 30 people wide trying to fit in a 3 person wide opening. (Or maybe I dreamed that's how it would be, LOL!)

The staff were actually trying to filter one gym out before the next came in. The problem was, they weren't giving any time between teams. It takes time to get a crowd of people out of the area but by the time they're finally mostly gone, they're already announcing the next team, which causes mostly kids to be RUNNING into the VIP area, running into people and causing havoc.
Kids in general were just obnoxious. I'm a pretty patient person in a crowd but by the end of the day yesterday, if one more kid ran into me, I was going to body slam them! (mostly joking) :)

Back