All-Star Spirit Sports Duel Of Desert 1/30-1/31 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They were really running ahead on Saturday? I overheard someone say that and I didn't believe them. I don't understand how a competition can run ahead. Doesn't it mess with the warm-up schedule?

I guess we were just lucky this year. CP's team competed in Hall A at 8:30am. All the other teams from the from the gym didn't compete until the evening so we weren't required to stay. I only spent about 45 minutes in the Convention Center on Saturday and then two hours on Sunday. And there were no crowds in Hall A, at least when I was there. I didn't even bother trying to watch teams in the other hall. If only every competiton could work out like that for us...

I do agree that the awards set-up and location was ridiculous. And the dome over the convention center must be made out of lead because cell phone service was awful. We had a teammate lose a younger sibling in the crowd and it took 30 minutes to find her and then another 30 minutes to notify everyone that she had been found because we couldn't use our phones. I also had a situation where my daughter got sick in the bathroom and I couldn't call anyone for help. Luckily, there were some very sweet women in the bathroom who walked around looking for my husband and brought her water.

But I don't know where else they could move that competition to. I believe that is the largest event venue in Palm Springs so it would probably have to be completely moved out of the desert.
That's true, they don't have a lot of options to choose from. They need to improve their logistics then. Be smarter about managing the masses.

And they need to quit allowing people to save seats. Sunday I could not find a seat in Hall A because backpacks were taking up about 50% of all the seats. And the viewing area has improved but it still had issues. We lined up to watch Jr. Militia. And Miss Mafia performed immediately following. They are both Cali teams and we wanted to watch them both. But as we entered the viewing area the usher was repeatedly screaming at all of us that if we were seen in the viewing area watching Miss Mafia we were going to get kicked out. They assumed we were claiming we wanted to watch Jr. Militia so we had a good spot in which to watch Miss Mafia. Yet they are both Cali teams and we wanted to support them both. The kids were confused and wanted to follow the rules but wanted to see Miss Mafia as well. We had done nothing wrong and didn't deserve to be threatened in that manner.

Bummer! [emoji23] They were really great. It was an honor to come in second to them [emoji7]
For what it's worth, I explained to my CP about your team's unfortunate Day 1 and your 6th place standing. She was unaware and so impressed at how your team persevered and came back to get second place. Apparently earlier today she had watched a video of your Day 2 performance. She said you guys looked great and deserve a lot of credit for such an accomplishment.

Yes! We follow each other on Instagram :) Btw I love their bows :p

Thanks. Their bows are really pretty. The tiniest little bit on our team with dark brown hair, her dad made them. He does such an amazing job. There's not a lot of creativity with solid black for a bow but he accomplished some serious sparkle. :)

Back