All-Star Spirit Unlimited Nationals 2/1 - 2/2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What are you trying to say?.....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
im asking how a team with that many mistakes can have such a lead when last week the two teams in 1st and 2nd had minimal mistakes, much cleaner routines and the gap between 1st and 2nd was so tight. guess the judges really like them..kudos to them on day 1 to be able to have all those things go wrong and still be that high!

i just checked their website. they said that they will use WORLDS SCORE SHEET to judge the worlds division this season.
wow, this might be a big wake up call for those heading to worlds, the scores have some huge gaps in there. Better to know now, fix and max out now then wait and get blown away at worlds.

im asking how a team with that many mistakes can have such a lead when last week the two teams in 1st and 2nd had minimal mistakes, much cleaner routines and the gap between 1st and 2nd was so tight. guess the judges really like them..kudos to them on day 1 to be able to have all those things go wrong and still be that high!
I haven't seen their routine yet, but they could have more difficulty in their routine that made up for their mistakes.

I am familiar with many of those teams and based on that, it's understandable why such big score gaps. Some teams have MUCH higher difficulty in their routines, so even if the same team had 1SB, 1SF and 1TD (for example) the scoring would still be widely different.

Pro and X5 aren't that far apart. Really seems to lie within the choreo the most. Judges seem to like Pro's much better. Pro had 1pt more in deductions than X5.

I am familiar with many of those teams and based on that, it's understandable why such big score gaps. Some teams have MUCH higher difficulty in their routines, so even if the same team had 1SB, 1SF and 1TD (for example) the scoring would still be widely different.

Pro and X5 aren't that far apart. Really seems to lie within the choreo the most. Judges seem to like Pro's much better. Pro had 1pt more in deductions than X5.
i understand that, I guess thats why they say this sport is so subjective, because last weekend, pro and X were neck in neck across the board, and their routine is the same, so I guess its all about opinions minus the deductions. I just dont see how they out tumbled, everything else is subjective I guess.. oh well day 2 on the way :) good luck to all

I feel like a worlds score sheet doesn't mean anything if not all of the judges have been on a worlds panel. There is no rubric for worlds so if theyve never used it before the scores wont be accurate.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I feel like a worlds score sheet doesn't mean anything if not all of the judges have been on a worlds panel. There is no rubric for worlds so if theyve never used it before the scores wont be accurate.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Right. I've competed against the worlds scoresheet at bid events and our scores were way different than our scores at worlds were. Don't get me wrong, as an athlete on an international team, I like how little tumbling counts, but judges don't really know how to score it if they're not trained to.

i understand that, I guess thats why they say this sport is so subjective, because last weekend, pro and X were neck in neck across the board, and their routine is the same, so I guess its all about opinions minus the deductions. I just dont see how they out tumbled, everything else is subjective I guess.. oh well day 2 on the way :) good luck to all

It's a different scoresheet. You can really compare how close they were on the Varsity scoresheet to this one since its not the same.

Y'all have some amazing eyes! I tried every size possible on my computer to read that scoresheet. Lol - I think I see some 1's and 2's but the rest I just can't.... :(

It's a different scoresheet. You can really compare how close they were on the Varsity scoresheet to this one since its not the same.
that makes sense.. for some reason I thought this was a varsity event, but why wouldnt they use worlds judges if they are using worlds score sheet, that just doesnt seem right. learn somthing new every day.

Back