All-Star Sportsmanship At Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw a lot of good sportsmanship this weekend, unfortunately I saw some bad too. Watching large Sr Co-ed 4, I was sitting in front of some girls wearing their cheerleading uniforms who had just competed and when one of the teams dropped a stunt, I heard a loud "YES" behind me. I turned so they would know that I heard them, they got up and left pretty quickly, but not before I saw what team they were from (Not going to call them out, but they know who they are).

One of the teams had made a poster, I apologize I forget what team it was, it was such a long weekend and put it in our room wishing us good luck. I think it was longhorns, they were in the room next to us. That was very nice and very good sportsmanship. I always saw lots of other uniforms in the spectator area for our teams yelling for us during our performances. It was all in all a very pleasant weekend with lots of good times.

some of our parents witnessed bad sportsman ship from one team when our amazing pyramid fell first day :( not cool
every one else was awesome.. senior elite supported us and other teams. We really appreciated it on day 2 :)

AS1 Jr 4's were on deck when the Rockets pyramid fell. We felt so bad for your team and cheered for you til the end ! Although we are in the same division and very comptitive with each other we never want to see another team fall.
Great job coming back on day 2 and showing everyone how great you are !

BTW- Stingrays, Rocket Elite and All Star One all tied for 1st on day 2 : )

I thought so, but I didnt want to assume and be yelled at by other fierce board members i was wrong about all 3 of our teams being in a 3 way tie. isnt that amazing? how often to two teams tie for 1st place on any day but THREE teams at such a big hard national?
with amazingly high scores??
Aww and Thank you for your team supporting us <3 , that means alot being we are always competing against one another :)
our flyer could of gotten really hurt falling from that pyramid it was such a fluke too because we never mess up on that part,

its understandable we all kinda wish the teams we are against doesnt do as well as the team we are on, BUT making a comment like " Oh darn Major fall, oops" in a sarcastic way isnt cool when a 11 yr old is down on the ground.
I really want people to know what team did this but maybe 1 bad apple doesnt represent this team. We have never had the oppertunity to compete against them until now. I always thought so highly of them until this competition. Actualy wanted to be like them :/
I hope to see allstar 1 again soon.
because between you and us we can definiately give the northeast some good level 4 competition. You guys rocked it flawlessly sunday. <3

AS1 Jr 4's were on deck when the Rockets pyramid fell. We felt so bad for your team and cheered for you til the end ! Although we are in the same division and very comptitive with each other we never want to see another team fall.
Great job coming back on day 2 and showing everyone how great you are !

BTW- Stingrays, Rocket Elite and All Star One all tied for 1st on day 2 : )

23j36zb.jpg

This is the Comets and All Star One Youth level 3 teams.
Comets - 2nd AS1- 3rd

One of the teams had made a poster, I apologize I forget what team it was, it was such a long weekend and put it in our room wishing us good luck. I think it was longhorns, they were in the room next to us. That was very nice and very good sportsmanship. I always saw lots of other uniforms in the spectator area for our teams yelling for us during our performances. It was all in all a very pleasant weekend with lots of good times.

That would be C4! Each of the 9 teams chooses a program to make a "good luck" card for at Cheersport. My daughter stayed up until 2:30 Saturday morning finishing the card for Brandon! The kids all enjoy doing it!

They did that for our youth 2 team before

I saw a ton of great sportsmanship and hope all of my kids did their part in encouraging other teams. There was one team however that we were against that was not only unsportsman-like they were just down right nasty. From bashing and trashing everyone else and then standing on the side of the stage pointing to every girl on the other teams around rating how pretty or ugly they were. In the end this team didn't win. Maybe if they spent more time focusing on their routine instead of worrying about everyone else they could have had a different outcome.

There are always gonna be bad apples in EVERY bunch. There isn't a single gym out there that hasn't had someone from their program act in such a tacky way. I know Ive heard something bad about nearly every big program out there, and a lot of the small ones. I actually had some moms from another gym sitting behind me at the 6:30 awards and make fun of "Stingray Moms" because in their words we clap for everyone at awards even the last place team and that we scream and cheer even when our kids are not called out for 1st place. Um OK whats wrong with that??? Cheering when someone falls is disgusting no matter what program you are from but please try not to judge an entire program by the actions of a very few.

Just wanted to say thank you to the Allstar Panther Special Needs coaches for your good lucks before Youth Elite went onstage. We really appreciated that! My team high fiving your team as they came off the warm up mat was 1 of the highlights of my weekend.

There are always gonna be bad apples in EVERY bunch. There isn't a single gym out there that hasn't had someone from their program act in such a tacky way. I know Ive heard something bad about nearly every big program out there, and a lot of the small ones. I actually had some moms from another gym sitting behind me at the 6:30 awards and make fun of "Stingray Moms" because in their words we clap for everyone at awards even the last place team and that we scream and cheer even when our kids are not called out for 1st place. Um OK whats wrong with that??? Cheering when someone falls is disgusting no matter what program you are from but please try not to judge an entire program by the actions of a very few.

I would say Woodlands Elite at Cheer America showed some great sportsmanship. They were encouraging of the other teams in their divisions, and they came out and cheered for our team when they saw that none of our other teams were there.
And you will find tacky people in every gym...first year mini moms can get pretty crazy. We get the same thing as Stingrays does, we stand and scream for our kids from the time the music starts until they hit their final pose, reagrdless if they fall. Another gym sitting next to us actually got mad and wanted us to sit down (we weren't blocking their view at all). We also clap for every team in our division....

I know we weren't at CHEERSPORT this weekend, but I've got to give a shout out to both CheerForce Envy and Cali Sparkle for their great sportsmanship at JAMZ. The three of us (CA, CF and POWER) battled it out three weeks ago at Duel in the Desert and re-matched at JAMZ. During the entire warm-up they wished everyone good luck and cheered us on. It was amazing and I can't wait to do it all over again at WORLDS!! :)

Back