All-Star Sprained Ankle Day Before Competition...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 26, 2012
So! Just a normal practice this morning and while warming up tumbling I fell and tried to stand up and could barley walk on my ankle. I have a competition tomorrow and I need to compete (My team already has 8 girls out due to being a very young team) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make it feel better or stories from their own experiences! Thank you!

well firstly don't push yourself. you have to treat an injury seriously, and take the proper time to recover. if you are planning on competing, i would suggest TRYING to get out of any tumbling or jumping if your ankle is that bad. if none of this is possible, you could try taping your ankle. rest tonight, ice it lots, and good luck tomorrow!

well firstly don't push yourself. you have to treat an injury seriously, and take the proper time to recover. if you are planning on competing, i would suggest TRYING to get out of any tumbling or jumping if your ankle is that bad. if none of this is possible, you could try taping your ankle. rest tonight, ice it lots, and good luck tomorrow!
Thank you, I do think my coach will let me out of jumping and tumbling thankfully

I hope that it goes well for you today and that you are feeling better.

Let us know how the competition went and how you did!

If you tape it, try and get someone to do it who knows what they're doing. When I sprained my ankle in college, a girl on my team had an internship with the football team as a trainer and so she actually knew how to properly tape an ankle. It made a world of difference compared to someone else doing it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back