All-Star Spray Tans

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Airbrush tans are awesome! I usually get a versa or 2 before a big competition. At worlds its all about the spray tans! The oranger the better is what I get out of it!!

All of the coaches at my gym are Spray Tan Certified so at every away competition they hang up a sheet in their room and a LOT (there's usually around 15 girls drying at a time lol) of the girls get them done then!! They give the BEST spray tans, it's the prettiest golden color. I prefer a spray tan from there versus a tan from a salon. :)
What gym is this and can I send my dtr ur way? :)

I go tanning in a booth almost every day but I also spray tan every other week or so and also before a competition. A great at home solution is Toma Tan from Sally's and I also like the Loreal tanning wipes. Nothing beats getting a custom spray ran though, they do it perfect. I have never had a mystic tan, but I have heard nightmares!
I usually Mystic before small competitions, and it's not that bad. You wake up SO orange but the trick is to take a shower that morning. During competition season, the girls who work there know me. This is the secret to getting a Mystic: You get a color 2 shades darker then your skin tone but you buy the boost to go with it. It works, despite the orange hotel room sheets and you looking like a carrot before taking a shower, it is a good color and dries fairly quickly! ...but my gym's spray tan is obviously the best ;)

@Kris10boo ,my daughter has a light carmel skintone, like your daughter and she's been getting spray tans since she was about 4-5yrs. (she did pageants, so i wasn't just taking my little Carmel baby to a salon and saying she's too pale, tan her) If you get the right person, it looks great on stage under all the lights!

@Kris10boo ,my daughter has a light carmel skintone, like your daughter and she's been getting spray tans since she was about 4-5yrs. (she did pageants, so i wasn't just taking my little Carmel baby to a salon and saying she's too pale, tan her) If you get the right person, it looks great on stage under all the lights!

That sounds good. I may let her do that then. Thank you :)

hate when they look orange but if not it is fine. I think if you are going to get a tan you should get a real tan or spray. NEVER tan in a booth:cheering:

My CP gets spray tanned for every comp. She is really light, and with all the lights, she looks even lighter. She hates it. I have no problem with her getting sprayed. She isn't hurting herself, or anyone else, and if it makes her feel better, then so be it.

imo, pale is beautiful too. you don't have to be tan to look pretty. it's ridiculous the lengths people go to these days just to be tan. why can't having a really light skin tone be pretty too? it really is skin color discrimination. it is unacceptable to make fun of someone if they are a super dark african american, so it should also be unacceptable to call someone that has very light skin "casper" or anything along those lines. again, just my opinion.
for cheerleaders, i understand getting spray-tanned so that the lights won't wash you out, but cheerleaders should not make fun of their teammates for not tanning (which i have seen a lot lately).

Our unis are white so sometimes the spray tan rubs off on it and the inside of our uniforms turn like brown/orange! its bad

imo, pale is beautiful too. you don't have to be tan to look pretty. it's ridiculous the lengths people go to these days just to be tan. why can't having a really light skin tone be pretty too? it really is skin color discrimination. it is unacceptable to make fun of someone if they are a super dark african american, so it should also be unacceptable to call someone that has very light skin "casper" or anything along those lines. again, just my opinion.
for cheerleaders, i understand getting spray-tanned so that the lights won't wash you out, but cheerleaders should not make fun of their teammates for not tanning (which i have seen a lot lately).
I completely agree...It's not that I'm against anyone wanting to spray tan. I get that..I love makeup, it's the same thing....but you're right about it being discriminatory and/or straight out unkind. I decided to post those pictures so that other girls w/porcelain ivory skin don't need to be ashamed or feel ugly just bc they aren't tan. By the way, there's a 7-8 year age difference between the top two pictures I posted and the bottom two...sunscreen for the win ;)

I have really pale skin (I'm probably the palest on my team). People have joked around with me before about it, for example, they placed their arms next to mine to make themselves feel tan and I was ok with that. Last year, the idea of spray tanning became popular in my gym and everyone was getting them, except me. I did not want to turn orange from them, my mom is afraid the chemicals in it can harm my body, and quite frankly I do not have a problem being the color that I am. However, some of my teammates became more rude about it and told me things such as "you match our uniforms" ( we have white unis), "you stick out on the floor", I was even told that all of this looked bad! I was insulting to me because I don't pick my skin color and I can't really change it either. But I don't care that people don't like it, I don't plan on getting spray tans this year either.

Back