All-Star Sr Lrg 5 At Worlds.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
I was just looking at the wiki list, Sr Lrg has more paid bid holders than at large bids. If they take 50% to Sunday, it is possible two or three paid bid winners could not make finals.

I was just looking at the wiki list, Sr Lrg has more paid bid holders than at large bids. If they take 50% to Sunday, it is possible two or three paid bid winners could not make finals.

Interesting...in previous years, it was "at least" 50%, but I don't read it that way this year.

Interesting...in previous years, it was "at least" 50%, but I don't read it that way this year.

Now I just thought it was 50%. You are far more informed than I. "At least" would make more sense, especially in unlimited.

Now I just thought it was 50%. You are far more informed than I. "At least" would make more sense, especially in unlimited.

What I meant is that I don't see the "at least" in the rules section this year like in previous years. I think you might be right.

Won't that ratchet up the tension just a bit?

What I meant is that I don't see the "at least" in the rules section this year like in previous years. I think you might be right.

Won't that ratchet up the tension just a bit?

ACEDAD - what are the rules for Worlds this year on how many they are taking from those with At-Large bids to the pre-lims with those teams who have Partial and Full Paid bids? Are they taking 50% of AL to prelims with PP/Paid and then taking 50% of those to finals?

ACEDAD - what are the rules for Worlds this year on how many they are taking from those with At-Large bids to the pre-lims with those teams who have Partial and Full Paid bids? Are they taking 50% of AL to prelims with PP/Paid and then taking 50% of those to finals?

I don't think there has ever been a rule on how many at-large they take compared to partial and full paids. They take the top half (or somewhere near that). It doesn't matter what type of bid you have at that point, as long as you score well enough on Day 1 to be above the break.

ETA: Obviously when Full and Partials had an automatic bid to finals, the above scenario was different. But, that hasn't been the case the last couple of years.

I don't think there has ever been a rule on how many at-large they take compared to partial and full paids. They take the top half (or somewhere near that). It doesn't matter what type of bid you have at that point, as long as you score well enough on Day 1 to be above the break.
ETA: Obviously when Full and Partials had an automatic bid to finals, the above scenario was different. But, that hasn't been the case the last couple of years.

Here are the rules for 2011:

NEW:
Senior Divisions- Level 5:

For divisions that include 40 or more registered cheer

teams; all At Large Bid competitors will compete first in
a Preliminary Round. This round will be early
Saturday morning, April 30, 2011 at ESPN Wide
World of Sports® Complex. The top 50% will move
onto the compete in the Semi-Final round later that
day. The Semi-Final round will be comprised of the top
50% of the Preliminary teams, plus all of the Partial
Paid teams, and Paid bids team that are registered in
that division. 50% of the afternoon Semi-Final teams
will move onto the Finals, which will be held on
Sunday, May 1, 2011 at the ESPN Wide World of
Sports® Complex. The Semi-Final performance order
for all 40 plus divisions will be reversed seeded based
off the semifinal results and inserted in the open spots
between the Paid and Partial Paid bid teams moving
directly into the Semi-Finals. The performance order
for finals will be reversed seeded based off the semifinal
results.

Senior Divisions – Level 5

: All teams entering the senior
divisions must compete in the “prelims” on
Saturday, April 30, 2011 at ESPN Wide World of
Sports® Complex. 50% of the teams from each of the
Senior Divisions, with less than 40 team registered, will
progress from “prelims” to the “finals” on Sunday, May
1, 2011 at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex.
The performance order for all divisions will be reversed
seeded based off the preliminary results.

I stand corrected

Sorry for the formatting. Just trying to make the font large enough for me to read, but the formatting is a bit touchy.

haha...no problem. I'm actually intrigued at the set-up this year. Hoping that it allows for the huge divisions (ie small senior) to be judged fairly. Though, I'd hate competing twice on Saturday with the potential of 3 performances for the weekend.

Back