All-Star Sr Lrg 5 At Worlds.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

haha...no problem. I'm actually intrigued at the set-up this year. Hoping that it allows for the huge divisions (ie small senior) to be judged fairly. Though, I'd hate competing twice on Saturday with the potential of 3 performances for the weekend.

technically, it's 4 because don't the top three teams have to go through a last espn recording performance? that was one of the reasons i was glad we weren't making top 3 from our country in the IOC5 division last year. i would have been EXHAUSTED by the end of that. even competing twice in one weekend makes me feel like death.

technically, it's 4 because don't the top three teams have to go through a last espn recording performance?

Not sure if they're doing that again this year. Last year was the first time they did it, and that was only Lg Sr who, according to this, will only have prelims and finals due to division size.

Ok, if worlds were today, about 34% of the SR SM would compete in finials. There are 70 teams total, 50 at-large and 20 paid/partial. 35 at-large would compete in the afternoon semis making it 45 and half of that is obviously 23. So I am sure there will be some paid teams that don't make Sunday. I don't think the potential for some the division powers to miss finials is there like it is in SR LRG.

So which divisions does this actually apply to? Which divisions have 40 or more registered competing teams as of now? I had no idea they were introducing a semi-final round. Interesting.

So which divisions does this actually apply to? Which divisions have 40 or more registered competing teams as of now? I had no idea they were introducing a semi-final round. Interesting.

I was just looking at the wiki list, Sr Lrg has more paid bid holders than at large bids. If they take 50% to Sunday, it is possible two or three paid bid winners could not make finals.

Sm Sr. All Girl and Sm Sr. Limited Coed have around 70 each. I think Int. Open Coed is next in line with around 38.

Didn't they take more than 50% last year? Top 10 maybe? or did I just dream this up?

Last year the rules read "at least 50%". This year it just says "50%". Tighten the screws...

Back