Sr. Lv2 ..im 17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2011
So ive been cheering a little over a year. I started on a school squad, but ive never done allstars. I love the sport!! And a local gym has asked me to join their Sr. Lv 2 squad. I would be the only guy on that team, which doesnt bother me, but being 17 would it be weird to be on a level 2 team? Would it seem pretty lame or is it a normal thing in the allstar world? Like are there many Sr. Lv 2's, or our most of them youth and mini level 2's? I know that if i dont do it now ill never get the opportunity, because once im 18 there is only school squad and level 5&6 open teams. My skills arent going to get that good that quickly. So opinions? What do you guys think i should do?

Our gym always has a youth & a senior level 2 team. When we go to comp. the senior level 2 teams always have a lot of teams to go up against. And, most guys usually learn the tumbling & jump skills really fast due to their strength level. At our gym last year a guy started with a round off in 6 months (of being on team & a weekly tumbling class) he had his back handspring & his back tuck. A lot of the girls were frustrated because he learned the skills at a much faster rate than them. Although this is not always the case, I don't think it is uncommon. Since they are recruiting you will they offer you a scholarship? All star cheer is very expensive.

So ive been cheering a little over a year. I started on a school squad, but ive never done allstars. I love the sport!! And a local gym has asked me to join their Sr. Lv 2 squad. I would be the only guy on that team, which doesnt bother me, but being 17 would it be weird to be on a level 2 team? Would it seem pretty lame or is it a normal thing in the allstar world? Like are there many Sr. Lv 2's, or our most of them youth and mini level 2's? I know that if i dont do it now ill never get the opportunity, because once im 18 there is only school squad and level 5&6 open teams. My skills arent going to get that good that quickly. So opinions? What do you guys think i should do?
you should do it! there's nothing wrong with being on a senior L2 as long as it's a FIERCE senior level 2! haha. you should see if you think the team would be good and if you think they look like a pretty good team you should do it. besides, all star cheer is such a great opportunity no matter the level. it's a lot of fun and gives you the opportunity to make great friends and memories that last forever.

I coach at the gym so I am going to be able to do it probono.
Im a wayyyy better coach than an athlete. hah
I have a standing tuck, but thats it. So its not enough to put me on a lv. 3 team so they asked me level 2.
People say BHS's are easier than standing tucks but I think thats one of those, it doesnt apply to boys things. ha
Im close to having the BHS, I just need to clean it up. Thanks for the feedback! Keep the opinions coming!:)

I crossover to a level 2 coed squad and it's so much fun. You can get really creative with level 2 stunting and the guys love it because they can hit more than a toss to hands because it's all assisted, and there isn't the same pressure that there is on higher level teams. They all have picked up tumbling really quickly too. I would totally go for it, it will put you in a better position to try out for college cheer if you don't/can't do allstar when you turn 18.

There are lots of Senior 2 teams with people your age. Don't worry about the level and just enjoy your season!

There are a lot of Senior 2 teams. You wont be the only one. And cheering in an Allstar gym you can sometimes get skills quickly. So who knows, next you you might be ready for 4 or 5

Back