All-Star Standing Doubles

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok I have a question- I have kids that do both but I want to know who all thinks standing double means standing still or even one step before the double. OR doubling with multiple steps running backwards?

I think it is impressive either way but I believe way more impressive to see it from a standing position!

Your thoughts?

I've seen one or two steps into the standing double. Here's Josiah Williams from Planet Spirit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-edMtaFNc

For as difficult of a skill, if you step i still say its a standing double. I know that may be a cop out, but there comes a point where credit is due. 2 steps max is fine.

Ok I have a question- I have kids that do both but I want to know who all thinks standing double means standing still or even one step before the double. OR doubling with multiple steps running backwards?

I think it is impressive either way but I believe way more impressive to see it from a standing position!

Your thoughts?
I'm no coach by any means, but I think that its not actually a standing full or double if you step. Just like standing tucks shouldn't be considered standing if you step. Just what I think but its hard to find people that don't step before throwing the skill.

Didn't I see somewhere on another thread that a standing full and a standing double are scored the same? So basically throwing in a comp would strictly be for bragging rights, correct?

As a side note, our local competitions are on a non-spring floor -- throwing one on a wrestling mat would be difficult indeed.
Depending on the competition you're at, the standing double will count towards standing skills ending in a double, and a standing full would count towards standing skills ending in a full.

So if you have 75% of your team doing 2 to fulls and 25% doing standing fulls. That would be the full team doing standing tumbling ending in fulls.

Depending on the competition you're at, the standing double will count towards standing skills ending in a double, and a standing full would count towards standing skills ending in a full.

So if you have 75% of your team doing 2 to fulls and 25% doing standing fulls. That would be the full team doing standing tumbling ending in fulls.
so then why would you add in a standing full since they are so much harder than two to a full?

so then why would you add in a standing full since they are so much harder than two to a full?
It all depends on the competition and score sheet. Some places it will help you within the range. If you need majority to get into the range, then that will get you in it and on the higher end then just 2 to fulls. At some competitions, it will just get you the difficulty you need then the rest would go into overall impression etc.

It all depends on the competition and score sheet. Some places it will help you within the range. If you need majority to get into the range, then that will get you in it and on the higher end then just 2 to fulls. At some competitions, it will just get you the difficulty you need then the rest would go into overall impression etc.
the day we get a universal scoresheet is the day all of my problems are solved. please lord?

Back