All-Star Standing Full...or Was That A Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 20, 2010
I'm new to small all girl level 5, so please excuse by ignorance. I'm watching first comp videos and seeing teams where about half the girls are "supposed" to do a standing full, but really there about 3 doing a full and the rest doing a standing tuck. Are they trying to fool the judges or audience? Just curious.

I'm new to small all girl level 5, so please excuse by ignorance. I'm watching first comp videos and seeing teams where about half the girls are "supposed" to do a standing full, but really there about 3 doing a full and the rest doing a standing tuck. Are they trying to fool the judges or audience? Just curious.
I think its a mix of:
1) Some have the skill but its not consistent enough to compete yet
and
2) You can "cheat" the skill and start a tuck at 45degree angle and hop/rotate another 45degrees in your landing and it almost looks like a standing full...so from a "juges" perspective the true number of standing fulls becomes difficult to count . They kind of serve the same purpose as "chasers" in running tumbling or hiding a layout behind a full or a full behind a double.

@FA_pinknation pretty much hit it on the head with that response. It's the same as watering down the BLC stunt for the first competition. During choreography they'll choreograph girls who are close to standing fulls. If they can't throw them consistently at the first competition, they throw a tuck.

And this goes with many skills. Its almost always easier to water down a skill in the beginning of the season than to re choreograph it.

Also. If I have a vision that needs 5 girls. And I only have 4 standing fulls, then I'll use a faker. But purely from a choreography stand point, not because I want to fool you. Judges aren't that stupid. Unless you're throwing 10 standing fulls and 1-2 are tucks, we can tell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fierce Board mobile app

Back