All-Star Standing Tuck Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2013
I've had a standing tuck on and off for a couple of months, but now I can't stop jumping backwards instead of up. I've also started "double bouncing" which is something I've never had a problem with before... Any tips on how to jump UP instead of backwards? And what can I do to stop double bouncing?

I'd go back to doing it onto a high mat (pit plus 2 crash mats maybe??). Rep out some setting drills to get you going back up. For the double bounce, I'd try it to counts, so that you dip and jump on a set number. If you double bounce, stop and set up again. Good luck

Cp used to have to pick a spot on the wall (or whatever she was looking at in front of her) just above eye level and would keep her eyes on it the entire time she was setting so that she didn't just throw herself backwards. If she lost sight of it too quickly she knew her set was not good enough.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I had someone tell me once to bite my t-shirt to keep from throwing my head back. I can't remember if it worked. I just remember doing it on the tumble track not the ground. So, maybe try that?

I had someone tell me once to bite my t-shirt to keep from throwing my head back. I can't remember if it worked. I just remember doing it on the tumble track not the ground. So, maybe try that?

I'll definitely try that at practice tonight! Not so sure about the neck brace lol but I will pretty much try anything to keep from throwing my head back! :)

Back