Standing Tuck... Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But your answer just above said you wanted it for competition. I'm confused.
It sounds like she wants to get her standing tuck before competition so that she can move up a level for that competition.

My advice to you @cheerordie_xo is to focus on every aspect of your cheering, not just your standing tuck. You may be at a gym that will move you immediately after you can land one level appropriate skill, but there is SO much more to level 4. Can you do a standing handspring tuck? What about a running layout? Both of those skills would score in the mid or low range of the score sheet for level 4. The score sheet really wants specialty standing through to layout (whips, etc.) and specialty running passes through to layout (punch front through, whips, etc.). In addition, you'll need to be able to base/fly/back level 4 skills, which are a significant step up from level 3. You won't be very valuable to a level 4 team if all you can throw is a standing tuck.

Basically my advice is to stop focusing so much on your standing tuck and shift the focus to being an all around asset to either your level 3 or level 4 team. Plenty of athletes have one or two skills higher than the team they're placed on. That doesn't mean they're placed inappropriately. Maybe consider concentrating on improving your skills across the board this season and focusing on level 4 next season.

I have lave whips and layouts, I have a needle. My coach says I'm vey advanced for my age. An yes I do have a standing backhand spring tuck, I have a round off layout too. I just cannot do a standing tuck. I went to my firs tumbling class yesterday, and I was working on it with my coach, he said I should have it very soon and he made me start working on fulls. I am vey excited. He said I should have started twisting a long time ago.

I have lave whips and layouts, I have a needle. My coach says I'm vey advanced for my age. An yes I do have a standing backhand spring tuck, I have a round off layout too. I just cannot do a standing tuck. I went to my firs tumbling class yesterday, and I was working on it with my coach, he said I should have it very soon and he made me start working on fulls. I am vey excited. He said I should have started twisting a long time ago.
Sounds like you have solid level 4 tumbling skills except for the standing back tuck. And that was the only thing that kept you from making the level 4 team? They have a full team of standing back tucks? Congrats on being so close and good luck with it all.

Thank you. Our level 4 is a full team of standing tucks, pretty much. I am working on it a lot and it's very stressful to know that I have the skills but just one that I really need/want.

So I am on a senior level 3, for the 2nd time and I have a running back tuck but I cannot do a standing tuck. I try it a lot by myself but I always land on my knees, not fully get in over. Any tips? I really need help!! Anything is appreciated. Thanks!!
What does your round-off look like? Are your legs together and straight in your BHS?

Back