Standing Tucks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 3, 2013
so I got my standing tuck really good the last couple of week . & when I went to throw it last night I wasn't landing . I ask someone why and they said after I set , when I throw I am going forward as I'm tucking . I'm not sure how to fix that? any ideas ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Make sure you're setting all the way up to where your arms are next to your ears before you snap them behind you. You also could be bringing your knees up too early. Don't pull your knees to your chest until you're arms are directly next to your ears. Doing that will give you maximum height, which is usually the hardest part, especially when it comes to the landing. The higher you get the easier it will be to land. Also keep up on your ab exercises, abs & core strength will help you bring your legs up faster which will make you rotate quicker giving you more time to land!
Hope this helps!!!
xoxoxo

Yep. Babydonna got her standing tuck several months ago. Then she lost it. She would land on her hands and knees or land on her tiptoes and then go forward. Next, she got it again. Then she lost it. Same thing. Then, she went to Woodward this summer and got it back. Now, it's gone again. She just can't seem to hold on to it. It's more slippery than a greased pig. Now, when she goes to the gym, she's like, "I wonder if tonight is going to be a good tuck night or a bad tuck night?" Anybody else experience these "on again, off again" tucks? Ugh.

Yep. Babydonna got her standing tuck several months ago. Then she lost it. She would land on her hands and knees or land on her tiptoes and then go forward. Next, she got it again. Then she lost it. Same thing. Then, she went to Woodward this summer and got it back. Now, it's gone again. She just can't seem to hold on to it. It's more slippery than a greased pig. Now, when she goes to the gym, she's like, "I wonder if tonight is going to be a good tuck night or a bad tuck night?" Anybody else experience these "on again, off again" tucks? Ugh.
Totally. I've always been a really mental tumbler, but if I don't tuck at every practice, it's gone. Drills really help me, and I do Debbie loves conditioning because it warms all of those muscles up.

Cp was just telling me how she was talking to a younger girl on her team about this. She said with the standing back tuck it's very important to speed up the rotation of the feet over the head so that you can get all the way around faster for a solid landing so that you don't land with your weight forward.

@mommadonna this is the story of CP's life...and it's week to week - for almost a year and a half. Last week she had it back...this week not so much.

Cp was like that for a very long time. Especially when she would start working new skills, the sbt would seem to get a little shaky for some reason. Now that she's on a level 4 team, inconsistency is no longer an option.

Back