Standing Tumbling Block! Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 8, 2012
Okay, so i'm usually very good with standing tumbling, but i've recently begun to develop a mental block. I'm a level 5 tumbler, but this block is so severe that i can't even make myself throw a standing bhs! I know I still have the ability to do it, and i really want to, but i get so scared and wound up that I just end up not doing it. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and I really need some help. My coaches say I just need to throw it, end of story, but to be honest, that only makes me more scared! Any tips and/or ideas on how I can make this mental block end?:oops:

This is what I do to get over them, just think: do i want a new skill? I always think that whenever I'm about to go. Put positive notes in your head saying that you can.... Hope this helps !!!!!:)

Okay, so i'm usually very good with standing tumbling, but i've recently begun to develop a mental block. I'm a level 5 tumbler, but this block is so severe that i can't even make myself throw a standing bhs! I know I still have the ability to do it, and i really want to, but i get so scared and wound up that I just end up not doing it. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and I really need some help. My coaches say I just need to throw it, end of story, but to be honest, that only makes me more scared! Any tips and/or ideas on how I can make this mental block end?:oops:
Frankly, mental blocks are a pain. The capability is there, but some abstract force is holding you back. When I tumble, i just dont think. I tumble. I let nature take its place. When doing fulls or higher, of course I have to think for my own safety. But I only think about tumbling, not what comes next, not what came before.

Just work at it slowly, get spotted, and just give yourself time to get comfortable, I promise you will get it back !

Back