High School State Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a girl on my team this year that just moved to MN from MI. She showed us a video of her old team at a pepfest and they were doing back tuck baskets! I told her that those skills were illegal and very dangerous. She said that they were legal to do outside of competition. This isn't true is it??
No, not at all. We do braced flips, and that is it. Either this girl lied, or her coach lied to her. Just curious, what team was she on?

We compete at state this Saturday! Please pray for us to go out there & do the best we can. We're trying to get our 3rd straight state title. Thank you. :)

Id just like to throw out there that High School Cheer in Missouri a JOKE. You can't swing in-between jump combinations or it doesn't count. Their rules are out-dated and old school. The "Bonus Point" Sheet is so out-dated. You get a Bonus point for Full Squad Double Toe Touches, Diamond Heads, Extended Lib - Tap to ground - Back to Extended Lib, etc. Why not make bonus points something worth while? Most people on the Missouri board are significantly older than the average person therefore remains traditional and old school. I wish High School Cheer would get more up to date in Missouri.

5A State Champions:

14 strips....what?!

Pennsylvania is starting a state competition this year. They are using UCA score sheets and UCA judges. It's weird...they want to have a state championship but they don't really know how. You have to send in a video this year to qualify and then 3 teams from each district make it to states. In the future there will probably be qualifying competitions they just didn't think that far ahead this year. Not really a big fan of the whole thing. We're allowed to compete wherever now because were not considered a sport, but we'll get all kinds of restrictions if they make us a sport. we shall see...

So weird to me that states are already having state competitions. Our first competition isn't even until the middle of december. I can't imagine having so little time to perfect a routine.

I live in Pennsylvania and they have a state comp because cheer is piaa sport. my school has a competitive cheer team but the school doesn't recognize cheerleading as a sport is is just a club/activity so we don't go to states

pennsylvania has a state comp but i dont think many teams are going to it because it is kind of a joke.... more teams go to UCA nationals

Back