All-Star ****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

C

CheerMamil4

HOW EXACTLY DO THESE TEAMS BECOME "RIVALS"?!?!?! ISN'T THE PURPOSE OF COMPETITIVE CHEERLEADING TO COMPETE? SO IF A TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOURS OR VICE VERSA ARE YOU THEN RIVALS AND ARE YOU BASING IT ON SCORE SHEETS OR JUST GENERAL DISLIKE? IS IT THE PARENTS, CHEERLEADERS OR GYM OWNERS THAT ARE CREATING THESE "CHEER WARS"? CHEERLEADING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS LOL!!

well,it's kinda a combination of all these things.
if during the season,you're competing at multiple competitions with this same team, and the winner keeps going back and forth,yhen you develop a rival,because you keep trying to beat them.
also, if someone at the gym has a problem with a girl/parent at another gym,then the teammates are going to automatically side with what they hear, therefore, you develop a rival.

Some Rivalrys are developed when coaches try to recruite a bunch of girls and this naturally builds a more bitterness rivalry not such a nice one as if you go back and forth winning and losing with a team.

Our biggest rival is because we feel the other gym is favored at some competitions...

I think rivals can start by two teams (gyms) constantly going head to head and trying to beat each other. Whether its friendly or not depends on how the teams, coaches, and a lot of times, the parents deal with it. As someone who is in a town where the rivalry can get ugly, I wish people would just take healthy competition and not make it some big ordeal.

I think sometimes rivals happen out of something as simple as what region your in and who's around or in it. Here in Jersey I think it just happens cause of the Jersy stereotype lol but one thing I love is get us out of state and we can join together!

we have a rivalry with a gym right near us that we don't even compete against. they are just stalkers and make big deals over things like the color bow we are wearing. it is ridiculous. but we do have this other team from a different gym that we are always trying to beat.

Friendly rivalries are kind of fun, IMO. There's really no reason why one gym should hate another gym. But if there's sportsmanship and encouragement involved, then may the best team win!

HOW EXACTLY DO THESE TEAMS BECOME "RIVALS"?!?!?! ISN'T THE PURPOSE OF COMPETITIVE CHEERLEADING TO COMPETE? SO IF A TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOURS OR VICE VERSA ARE YOU THEN RIVALS AND ARE YOU BASING IT ON SCORE SHEETS OR JUST GENERAL DISLIKE? IS IT THE PARENTS, CHEERLEADERS OR GYM OWNERS THAT ARE CREATING THESE "CHEER WARS"? CHEERLEADING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS LOL!!

Even in cruise control you still hafta steer, hun.

Back