All-Star ****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Usually it's the coaches that foster petty, mean-spirited rivalries. We have teams that we try to beat but we strive to be friendly to everyone. Without competition it's just another day at practice but with uniforms. And who enjoys placing first in an empty division?
We do have one rivalry with a gym and I've had to work my butt off to keep the drama at bay. Their coaches tell them lies about why we beat them (they'll say we know the judges or just didn't deserve to win) and their kids and parents run with it. We are similarly talented but our gym is a much more stable business. It's very difficult but I reach out to their coaches and try to set the good example at least for my program. It's come to the point that I'm going to have to remind my parents of how we all conduct ourselves and to ignore inflammatory and deragatory comments. The kids are doing a pretty good job of handling their peers at school--I've beat it in their heads that we don't participate in silly arguments and that we prove ourselves on the mat, not in the parking lot. But the parents of the other kids have picked up the smear campaign and that's where things can get really messy. When adults participate in bashing little kids I think you have a bigger problem and it's up to the coaches to intervene. It's hard though bc I can't get the cooperation of the other teams coaches.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to collect evidence and turn it in to the USASF and have bully gyms banned from competing at sanctioned events?

I'll go out on a limb here, and put it out there, that 90% of the "cheer rivalries" that people hear about, are predominantly brought on by fans-not athletes, or gyms, or coaches!! Just about every team likes to have competition, I mean who really likes to go to a competition to not compete against anyone?? Winning when you aren't competing against anyone-to me is just another practice, but with alot more people watching!! Rivalries are a good thing, as long as they aren't nasty or ill willed!! Most rivalries end up bringing the best out of the competitors!!!

if like girls go form one gym to another gym beacuse they areb better and if two gyms are really close to each other

im laughing that this topic is on page 1 today..... alot of times rivalries comes from the girls in the different programs that just dont get along and then thier teammates backing them up. its a shame some gyms in the same area just cant support each other.

I Think That Rivalry Starts At The Athletes. The Athlete May Attend The Same School As Another Girl On That Attends A Different Gym And They Talk About Cheer And/Or Hear The Other Talk About Their Gym, And Then It Progresses From There. Also If An Athlete Switches Gyms For Whatever Reason Makes One Gym Feel As If The Other Is Taking Their Athletes. And Then Parents Get In On It With The Coaches And It Just A Huge Pitfall. When It Starts Its Very Hard To End. There Is Nothing Wrong With A Little Healthy Competition But There Shouldn't Ever Be Bitterness When Competing Against A Rival. Its All Fun Till Some One Gets Their Feelings Hurt.
Some People Feel As If Colors Determine If You Are Rivals Are Not.
Ex.
Black Vs. White
Red Vs. Blue
Silver Vs. Gold

Silly Things Make People Think You Have To Hate The Other Gym To Actually Be Considered Rivals.

I Think That Rivalry Starts At The Athletes. The Athlete May Attend The Same School As Another Girl On That Attends A Different Gym And They Talk About Cheer And/Or Hear The Other Talk About Their Gym, And Then It Progresses From There. Also If An Athlete Switches Gyms For Whatever Reason Makes One Gym Feel As If The Other Is Taking Their Athletes. And Then Parents Get In On It With The Coaches And It Just A Huge Pitfall. When It Starts Its Very Hard To End. There Is Nothing Wrong With A Little Healthy Competition But There Shouldn't Ever Be Bitterness When Competing Against A Rival. Its All Fun Till Some One Gets Their Feelings Hurt.
Ex.
Black Vs. White
Red Vs. Blue
Silver Vs. Gold

Silly Things Make People Think You Have To Hate The Other Gym To Actually Be Considered Rivals.

you said it perfect!

Our gyms "rival" started when our seniors beat their seniors and the HEADCOACH went around to parents of their gym and coaches of other gyms talking bad about us, saying we didnt deserve it etc. before the competition, we were friends with the gym but the whole thing rubbed us the wrong way and now we strive to pretty much beat them at every chance.

SIDE NOTE: rivalries such as ours should(and does) stay on the mat

Ex.
Black Vs. White
Red Vs. Blue
Silver Vs. Gold

How much longer does it take you to type when every word is capitalized?

Do you get mad if you forget to capitalize something?

And with all this, why isn't your SN "JennaBeanBaby"?

I'm trying to decide if the Capitalizers are going to be my rival.

Back