All-Star ****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS****STATE RIVALS

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our rivalry started when another gym began recruiting our kids and offering free tuition/free uniforms if they came from our gym.

I think rivalries will be different depending on the type. If you are pulling talent from the same areas, I expect it to be a more heated rivalry. The kids are going to school together and live near each other. It opens the door for recruitment (whether intentional or not). I would expect a rivalry that is based on fielding teams in the same divisions to be less heated. I see that as more of a competitive rivalry, and one that can lead to both teams pushing themselves to be better. I've seen both, and been a part of both. I prefer the second.

I've been to 2 gyms now 1/2 the reason I moved was because of rivalry. IT WAS STUPID! The coaches started this all by themselves and us being naive believed them. SOME of the coaches were just being rude to other teams and picked on them. They'd do stupid stuff to the other gym like create an account with a name of a gym sucks (topgunsucks)<<this of course ISN'T true just an example I FREAKIN LOVE TOP GUN! &they decided to comment nasty stuff on their videos and stuff it was like we were in kindergarden.

The owner of a gym around me told all the parents at her gym that our owner is dating one of the event producers and we take the judges out to dinner thats why we place well and score high.
In a dvd from the past weekends competition, that team was picked up by the microphones used for the dvd during awards, and they were talking about about my gym almost the whole awards session with some very vulgar things said about our teams and other gyms. It was all picked up and when you watch awards thats a majority of what you hear.
I think rivalries start by athletes switching from gym to gym, people being sore losers, or rumors. Some people obviously take it too far though.

just on a personal note, all of our rivals have started because of rudeness and bad sportsmanship between teams.
most the time its either based of jealousy or not being happy for your team to place 2nd to a better team.

Back