All-Star Staying Off Disney As A World's Competitor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's another place we've stayed. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (Orlando, FL) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

We had the penthouse and it was beyond gorgeous with 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 upscale kitchens, laundry facilities, a 60' balcony - furnished - and a bar. However, the neighbors who are permanent residents complained if we were on the balcony past 10 o'clock PM and the cost was double that of a private home. It backs to a mall and has onsite restaurants, spa and similar facilities, though.

This location appears closer to WWS but actually takes longer to commute than the area where the VRBO homes are. We stay in the general area of the Windsor Hills subdivisions and time to the park is under 15 minutes.

Most fun year at Worlds ever!

Just wanted to clarify I stayed at the allstar last year to chaperon and maybe it was just the area/building and we were lucky but our vicinity was very quiet at night. Our kids had no trouble getting plenty of sleep!

Congrats on your bid!! Last year with an at-large bid we stayed at one of the Disney resorts, but not the All-Star. We stayed at Swan & Dolphin because the Dance Worlds was at Epcot. See if anyone in your group has military discounts. You can get cheaper park hopper passes (sometimes up to $200 off) for parents and cheaper room rates (we paid around $300 per person for 5 days). Good luck!!

Congrats on your bid!! Last year with an at-large bid we stayed at one of the Disney resorts, but not the All-Star. We stayed at Swan & Dolphin because the Dance Worlds was at Epcot. See if anyone in your group has military discounts. You can get cheaper park hopper passes (sometimes up to $200 off) for parents and cheaper room rates (we paid around $300 per person for 5 days). Good luck!!
Great suggestion! We did this last year for Worlds when I took my kids and grandbabies. Each person with a military ID can purchase up to 5 passes and the savings were huge.

If I remember correctly, at least one of the Disney properties is exclusive to military families so it is also easier to reserve a room when the Worlds' chaos starts if other locations are booked. We didn't use that location but my son heard from friends that it is comparable to other Disney properties.

Back