All-Star Sticking It To Bow Makers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's how I learned to make a bow...I took apart a yella ribbon and saw how it was folded. It's much cheaper for me to make cp's bows then buy them and once you figure it out...takes no time at all. I made bows for my oldest's color guard, 15 of them in a couple hours (simple one color 2.5 inch).
The more involved ones I leave to the pros...except scenting...a little cupcake body spray to her bows and she's a happy camper!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

to me this thread kind of seems bitter. Im not trying to offend you, but its one thing to ask if people feel yella is doing this on purpose, its another to talk yourself up and them down, which im seeing a lot of. To me it kind of makes sense that yella's doing this because they are shutting down. They might as well share tutorials! I feel its probably more of a good deed to help others learn, than to try to sabotage other bow makers.
I can see why it came off that way. I'm not bitter...I just don't get it. I could be completely wrong I'm just not sure why she would want to give out all her "secrets" when she was one of the most tight lipped bow makers out there when she was actually selling them. Just seems odd to me.

Bashing other won't make you better.
Sorry...didn't think I was bashing her. At this point I think it's pretty common knowledge that her bows weren't all they were cracked up to be in terms of quality. Like I said before they were pretty and unique but she's touting about how her quality was so much better than others which just kind of added to my confusion as to her motive. Anyway...I was really just curious if any other bow makers had the same feeling...nothing more nothing less.

to me this thread kind of seems bitter. Im not trying to offend you, but its one thing to ask if people feel yella is doing this on purpose, its another to talk yourself up and them down, which im seeing a lot of. To me it kind of makes sense that yella's doing this because they are shutting down. They might as well share tutorials! I feel its probably more of a good deed to help others learn, than to try to sabotage other bow makers.
Sorry if I came across that way. I don't even have a dog in this fight. Our gym doesn't require bows for practice, and CP is not a collector, so I haven't bought bows from anyone.

As a fellow businesswoman, I completely understand why she is putting tutorials out there. If she's going to sell supplies, she's got to show people how to use them. I do think she may have a rough time getting this bow kit venture rolling, though. I would not pay $13 for a bow kit when I can go on Etsy and buy a finished bow for $10-$20 for a super blinged out one.

I didn't look at her pricing on ribbon, but I do know there are a lot of ribbon suppliers out there. I don't know if Ribbon Smart has always been a player, but the site is set up to capitalize on many different markets, not just cheer.

Even small changes to a business can have a big impact on sales and income. When international postage rates doubled in January, my business dropped by 15% overnight. I'm still working on coming back. I do wish Ribbon Smart the best.

Back