All-Star Stingrays Server Just Crashed!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes and it's the stupidest thing I can think of. We don't have the names because we're making fun. We have them because of the immense respect that Happy had for all things American Indian as he was growing up.

Not lecturing; just venting as I have never understood the issue.

I personally think it's political correctness gone amok. While I'm sure they're out there, I have yet to meet a Native American who has a problem with Indian-related mascots and nicknames.

MINI
Peppermint- Large Mini 1
Coconut- Small Mini 2

YOUTH
Mango- Large Youth1
Red- Large Youth 2
Black- Large Youth 3

JUNIOR
Gray- Large Junior 2
Navy- Junior Coed 3
Scarlett- Small Junior 3
Platinum- Large Junior 4
Green- Large Junior 5

SENIOR
Rose- Large Senior 1
Pink- Small Senior 2
Emerald- Large Senior 2
Lime- Large Senior 3
Frost- Large Senior 4 -------> MY TEAM :)
Orange- Small Senior 5
Amber- Medium Senior 5
Smoke- Small Coed Senior 5

This is just what me and my mom have gathered after two days of organizing and analyzing who's on the teams :)

I personally think it's political correctness gone amok. While I'm sure they're out there, I have yet to meet a Native American who has a problem with Indian-related mascots and nicknames.

As long as they are out of respect (and depicted that way), I don't think they would. I've seen a couple that I would agree with.

Yes and it's the stupidest thing I can think of. We don't have the names because we're making fun. We have them because of the immense respect that Happy had for all things American Indian as he was growing up.

Not lecturing; just venting as I have never understood the issue.
I have never understood the issue either. I remember the Atlanta Braves being boycotted bc of their mascot. IMO some folks just have too much time on their hands.

Back