All-Star Stingrays Server Just Crashed!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our old gym in AZ would pull all nighters as well to do a 24 hour turnover for practice groups (final teams were announced around June)....I imagine it's pretty time consuming!

there are not always the athletes to make a competitive tiny team. some went to mini, and some we recommended to wait for our half year teams. it really is for the best because a 3 or 4 year old (and some days even some 5 year olds) would have a hard time keeping up with peppermint. when making teams we truly do think about what is best for the athlete. 17 people spent around 30 hours picking our teams and i would say the level 5's took the least amount of time out of that.

I feel you! In our small gym of about 100 athletes, its always easiest to decipher the athletes that have the talent for our highest level team, which is level 4, but all the teams below that took forever to separate!

Rose is large senior 1 and Amber is medium senior 5 from the official letsgorays twitter

"Such great practices last night for Rose (LS1) Emerald (LS2) Coconut (LM2) Scarlet (LJ3) and Amber (MS5)! Can't wait to see tonight's teams!"

Amber – Medium Senior 5
Smoke – Small Coed 5
Orange – Small Senior 5
Green – Large Junior 5

Frost – Large Senior 4
Platinum – Large Junior 4

Lime – Large Senior 3
Navy – Large Junior Coed 3
Scarlet – Large Junior 3
Black – Large Youth 3

Emerald – Large Senior 2
Pink – Small Senior 2
Gray – Large Junior 2
Red – Large Youth 2
Coconut – Small Mini 2

Rose – Large Senior 1
Mango – Large Youth 1
Peppermint – Large Mini 1

I think we got them all now?

Oh geez here we go, the Cheer Political Correctness Police is out and about again

haha well im pretty sure everyone on the boards is always complaining about how this sport doesnt get any respect.....little girls running around competitions screaming "i love nuts" and "i love smoke" isn't going to help anything....jmo.

haha well im pretty sure everyone on the boards is always complaining about how this sport doesnt get any respect.....little girls running around competitions screaming "i love nuts" and "i love smoke" isn't going to help anything....jmo.

and the university of south carolina doesn't have the same problem?

im sorry, but criticizing team names is pretty dumb.

and the university of south carolina doesn't have the same problem?

im sorry, but criticizing team names is pretty dumb.

i beg to differ. although the team name does not have alot to do with the sport (there is SO much more to cheerleading then the team name), i think if a team wants to be well-respected by lots of people people, imo, they should have a better name. names are generally one of the first impressions. "smoke" and "smoking" is a pretty controversial topic and most of smokes voiceovers have to do with smoking. i think its bad for kids to think smoking is cool. the rays team's music kind of glamourizes it, in a way. once again, jmo.

How is saying "Nuts" or "Smoke" any different than shouting out "GO Cocks!" at a USC game? Everyone knows who they are. I don't take offense to any of those names. And I don't think they promote anything. I think you are reading a LITTLE too much into it. And THAT is just MY opinion.

Sometimes we change names to give the team a new feel.
I think a lot of gyms do this. Leave behind any negative energy associated with certain name. Or make a new name to give the kids something to be excited about.
Someone may say, oh man, i dont want to be on rainbows this year, etc. Well with a new name you don't have that.

Back