Stressed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is our 7th season with this crazy sport and I don't think CP's team has EVER gotten their music earlier than a week before the first comp. It always comes together. Breathe! It will be fine.

I think last year was the first year we ever got music prior to the day before showcase. Were only getting fitted for uniforms right now (literally) although the design as I understand it is still not final and we are still missing pyramid, baskets and dance.

I'm not stressed.

Ever see "Shakespeare in Love?" I just respond the same way...

"How will it work out?!"

"I don't know. Tis a mystery."

But it always does.

I would be so stressed if I was y'all!

I mean I'm stressed and we have had a full routine and music for a while, full outs have been happening a lot, uniforms came in a little over a week ago and I'm still stressed because this is the first large team she has ever been on. We have never even been on a team with a full 20 girls.. We have only ever been on a team with no more then 3 or 4 stunts AND now we have 31 with 7 stunt groups!! Like I think it will be so hard to get everyone to be super clean and hit the stunt all at once! That's what I'm stressed about!! Large teams stress me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No music yet for CP's team, haven't learned the whole routine yet and they just had fittings a few weeks ago for new unis! I'm totally stressed...

I would be so stressed if I was y'all!

I mean I'm stressed and we have had a full routine and music for a while, full outs have been happening a lot, uniforms came in a little over a week ago and I'm still stressed because this is the first large team she has ever been on. We have never even been on a team with a full 20 girls.. We have only ever been on a team with no more then 3 or 4 stunts AND now we have 31 with 7 stunt groups!! Like I think it will be so hard to get everyone to be super clean and hit the stunt all at once! That's what I'm stressed about!! Large teams stress me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing your posts always stress me out. Your gym seems so far ahead. And on top of things. CPs team has had a couple injuries knocking ppl out for the season. Cp hasn't had a stunt group since late July. They practice with random ppl filling in. It is driving me crazy. They just can't seem to find another base that they think is ready for level 5. Their first comp is supposed to be in nov but haven't even done whole stunt sequence EVER.

I agree with it seeming harder to keep 7 stunt groups in the air. That is a such a change from a small team. I think your team will be fine though.

Sacha's team won't have completely complete choreo until after their showcase. Little's team never does choreo until October, and when she was on J5, they never had their final music until WELL into the comp season.
Y'all might have strokes if you were at their gyms!

Super stressed bc cp's team never ever works on their pyramid or half of their stunts. First comp is oct 25. They have had their choreography since July!! I don't understand why they never work on it and they pretty much look a mess. Cp has a stunt that they practiced for the first time since choreography this past week and it looked a mess! Really don't know if they will be able to get it together... Sigh

Yeah but it makes me sad for the team bc I feel they could be really good but our stunting is literally always our downfall. They have been pushing tumbling so much this year and they have some good passes for their level but stunting is awful. And I haven't seen the pyramid go up ever. We can go in the last 30 minutes of practice to watch and half the time they are conditioning which I know is important but they need to do stunts!!! Really hoping they devote a few practices to them soon. Their dance looks good, tumbling looks awesome, jumps at ok (need work on timing) but stunts and tosses need major work. We have planned on going to this oct comp for the past 4 years and have never went bc coach always says they just aren't ready for it. But this was the earliest we have ever gotten choreography so I was hopeful we would go this year. Now I'm thinking we prob won't...

There are a lot of areas that my daughter's team is still putting together - last weekend, they had dance choreo, last week, fitting for new unis and this week, they are doing 2 days of pyramid choreo. with a person coming in from CA... I have to say, I am not stress at all and it may be just my personality type... I have the Que Sera Sera attitude, if its going to happen, it will happen... But after 3 years, I noticed that it always come together when it needs to... If the new unis do not come in on time, oh well, we just wear the old unis... But what is the point of stressing, we have no control over anything!

My CP's just learned their dance on Tuesday. We have a big show off on Oct. 26th. Start comp. in Nov. I am really excited to see it all comes together! I have a feeling it is going to be amazing!

@Kris10boo I have to admit I am a little jealous at how early you guys learned your whole routine! :)

Last edited:
I am beginning to worry about CP's team. I keep telling myself that this is a learning year for CP and it doesn't matter, but they are SO far behind. They have a stunt group of 5 little kids (7 and under) that just don't belong on a youth 2, a LOT of brand new bases and one brand new flyer. The group of littles cannot put up a solid prep, the whole team is only attempting quantity and elite at belly level now, and they just made the first attempt to teach baskets this week. They have not even been over counts for pyramid. Showcase is the weekend of Oct 26th. We didn't have the whole team present for a single practice all summer so never had complete stunt groups to practice stunting. Out of 17, we have, 12 standing BHS (about 8 truly solid. The rest throw them on a good day, and often not at routine speed) and 7 ROBHS so everyone has 2 passes for running tumbling. The littles cannot keep up with some of the choreography. Timing is all over the place because there are so many new kids. We have littles wandering around because they don't know their spot. I really just don't know how this season is going to shake out. Part of me says "we have good coaches, it will be ok" and part if me says " we are never going to get there. There should have been a level 1 team for the ones who can't keep up". I hate thinking this way and want to be positive, but in my heart I know we are fighting a seriously uphill battle.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not a relief for the coaches. It's stressful to know that you'll be blamed if things don't go well, and it's often by the parents that let their kids skip practice.
I hate when coaches are blamed for things beyond their control. I know with CP's team, none of the problems they are facing are the coaches' fault. They are doing their best with what they have. It is a combination of parents letting their CP's skip summer practice whenever they felt like it, and the fact that we had an ownership change, lost athletes as a result, and will not refuse to place a kid that wants a spot on a team at tryouts. We had 5 that should have been mini 1, but the owner made the decision not to try to field a level 1 using crossovers. None of this is the coaches fault. It is an unfortunate combination of circumstances.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back