Stressed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I cheered we got choreo the first day of the comp season and it took until the week of first comp for it to be thrown full out lol granted we had 3 routines to create/learn, but still, so stressful! I totally feel your pain.

Now that I'm done cheering, alllll the stress was worth it.

Interesting. Do they split it up into sections, or will the be getting it all in October? Also, if you don't kind me asking, how much time between when they finish choreography and when they first compete?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
They have some sections done. They will finish the rest within the next 3 weeks. They don't compete until Dec/Jan so they have plenty of time.

They have some sections done. They will finish the rest within the next 3 weeks. They don't compete until Dec/Jan so they have plenty of time.
I think I would be much more comfortable with that. Our girls have 8 more practices until showcase, and comp the next weekend.

Not to play the one up game, but CP competes this coming weekend. They have no music and completely rearranged stunts today. On the outside I'm all "it's fine. You guys will rock it". On the inside I'm :eek:
Yea, that would have me hyperventilating on the inside.

How have I not seen this thread until just now!! I've been stressed for a while now. No full outs yet for my school girls. We're about 2 and a half weeks out and we just made a lot of changes Thursday. I feel like we're a good month behind or more. Our problem has been illnesses and injuries. I think I have the most accident prone kids ever this year. I fear the weekends, that's when I get heads up emails letting me know that Susie was at the ER last night for insert stupid thing here. Tomorrow I will rearrange again to take out miss trampoline injury. The part that stresses me most is knowing that our rival schools have been doing exhibitions and we are looking like it's still July.

I hope everyone sees all the other stressed situations and realizes how helpless you are.

If you are a parent, learn to let it go. You kids see you stressed out and don't need anymore than they put on themselves already.

If you are an athlete, get to work and make sure you are ready. Tell your parent to chill and let your coach do their job.

If you are a coach, I love this because I've plenty of teams not want to work and then be disappointed when they don't do well. It's a great learning experience that they have a choice as a team-do the work or look like poo. You can't be on the mat for them.

Coach also won't get mats out and they practice in the basketball gym.

Ack!
This is one of the things I hate the most and it needs to get changed in school cheer but there is no entity out there who will do anything.

I always give people the advice to let the coach do their job but as the parent you have all the power of ensuring CP is in a safe environment. Here are a few options:

1. Have a meeting with coach and make sure it's clear you know the safety rule for using mats when stunting and tumbling. I recommend showing him/her from the AACCA or NFHS guidebook. Let them know you won't stand for an unsafe environment and if anyone gets hurt you'll be the first person who will let the principal, school board, insurance know that they are being negligent and liable. It's serious enough I recommend letting coach know you will pull your kid if you have to. BTW I've done this. Thankfully CP realized how unsafe it was and decided she didn't want to cheer senior year.

2. Go to principal if coach won't listen to inform them of the unsafe situation and liability issue and you will let the school board know if it doesn't change. You guessed it, school board is next step.

3. You can contact AACCA and inform them of the issue. Unfortunately I have not seen anything come from this in the way of enforcement, but I hope that is changing.

Sorry this is kind of long in a newbie thread but it's one of the most serious issues I believe is out there for school cheer right now. The price for negligence with stunting and tumbling on unapproved surfaces it too high and your child pays it. Parents need to know that AACCA offers a catastrophic insurance, but I have never heard of it being paid out. That waiver everyone signs saying they are acknowledging this as a "dangerous activity" always wins out.

*off of soapbox* Please resume stressing about your seasons.

This is one of the things I hate the most and it needs to get changed in school cheer but there is no entity out there who will do anything.

I always give people the advice to let the coach do their job but as the parent you have all the power of ensuring CP is in a safe environment. Here are a few options:

1. Have a meeting with coach and make sure it's clear you know the safety rule for using mats when stunting and tumbling. I recommend showing him/her from the AACCA or NFHS guidebook. Let them know you won't stand for an unsafe environment and if anyone gets hurt you'll be the first person who will let the principal, school board, insurance know that they are being negligent and liable. It's serious enough I recommend letting coach know you will pull your kid if you have to. BTW I've done this. Thankfully CP realized how unsafe it was and decided she didn't want to cheer senior year.

2. Go to principal if coach won't listen to inform them of the unsafe situation and liability issue and you will let the school board know if it doesn't change. You guessed it, school board is next step.

3. You can contact AACCA and inform them of the issue. Unfortunately I have not seen anything come from this in the way of enforcement, but I hope that is changing.

Sorry this is kind of long in a newbie thread but it's one of the most serious issues I believe is out there for school cheer right now. The price for negligence with stunting and tumbling on unapproved surfaces it too high and your child pays it. Parents need to know that AACCA offers a catastrophic insurance, but I have never heard of it being paid out. That waiver everyone signs saying they are acknowledging this as a "dangerous activity" always wins out.

*off of soapbox* Please resume stressing about your seasons.
Thanks. I will try to talk to her...again. There are already several girls who are talking about not trying out next year.

I don't know how much the principal knows. His daughter cheers though, but I realize not all kids talk to their parents as much as mine do to me.

I always hold out the hope that the coach will realize that they need to practice on the surface on which they are competing. Plus, if they have any release moves/ baskets, they must have mats.

I appreciate the time you took to compose that and thank you!

Back