Stretching Everyday: Good Or Bad?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2011
Ok, is stretching everyday helpful to increase flexibility or can i have like 2 days in a week where i could take a break from stretching and still my flexibility will increase? I stretch everyday and i kinda felt like it gets harder everyday.. so i want you guys opinion about stretching everyday :/

thanks lovess <3

Theres nothing wrong with stretching everysay as long as you dont over do it! If you stretch to much then yes it will hurt the next day. Taking a day or two off per week wont hurt your flexibility though. It'll give your muscles a nice break.

Take some days off. It's not going to hurt your flexibility. And if you're sore you should def take a break, being sore is your muscles' way of telling your that something's not quite right or they're mad at you for pushing them too hard.

Because I'm old and trying to get flexible again..I've been reading up a lot on stretching from various online sources. Many say that certain types of stretching before a workout will actually decrease your flexibility, how LONG you should stretch and if stretching too long can actually DECREASE flexibility, and certain types are better for certain forms of flexibility (performing splits won't do anything to improve your dance kicks, etc). Others insist you should take a break at least once a week..

Can you share where you
Got this info? I def don't want to decease flexibility!
Just google 'how to increase flexibility' and various pages will come up..I can't remember which one in particular it was, but if it looks incredibly academic, it's probably it lol

I have 2 daughters. One is a flyer . So, she stretches every day. She only skips if she is very sick (which is rare). She has greatly improved her flexibility. My other daughter is no longer a flyer. So, she stretches every other day. I see a lot slower improvement with her. I realize this isn't a scientific experiment with controls. But, from my small experience stretching every day can be a good thing for some girls.

Just google 'how to increase flexibility' and various pages will come up..I can't remember which one in particular it was, but if it looks incredibly academic, it's probably it lol

Yep have done --- I was just looking for that specific info. Thank you though ;)

is it normal that everytime i stretch my other leg, the other leg kinda becomes less flexible? idk, it just feels like that XD if you know what i mean:) and also what could be the reason that sometimes i can do deadly, like im really flexible, but sometimes im not :O i dont understand -.- is it like maybe depends on your mood, or something else? :/

Ok, is stretching everyday helpful to increase flexibility or can i have like 2 days in a week where i could take a break from stretching and still my flexibility will increase? I stretch everyday and i kinda felt like it gets harder everyday.. so i want you guys opinion about stretching everyday :/

thanks lovess <3

It's fine to stretch everyday but you may want to alternate where you stretch or even add in conditioning... personally i follow this setup:
-Monday: flyer stretching(splits, practicing stretches, back bends, ect.), core conditioning
-Tuesday: Debbie love Jump Conditioning, Jump Stretches(pikes, kicks, stradels)
-Wendsday: Debbie Love Tuck Conditioning, 20 Backtucks
-Thursday:Debbie Love Jump Conditioning, Jump Stretches
-Friday: Flyer Stretching and Core conditioning
-Saturday: Jump Conditioning, Jump Stretching
-Sunday: Tuck Conditioning

Back