Stunt Difficulty

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 18, 2012
I was wondering how stunts are rated in diffulty? For example we will be competing against teams that will have twists dismounts. we dont have those. But we are flipping out of a prep onto the mat. Diffulty wise do these stunts compare? Also other teams will be doing a liberty. We do a liberty into a heel stretch. Will something like that help us a lot? a little? and finally most teams will be doing russian basket tosses. So we wanted to do a Pretty girl basket. Is one of these considered a higher level of difficulty or not? any advice is greatly appreciated - thank you

I was wondering how stunts are rated in diffulty? For example we will be competing against teams that will have twists dismounts. we dont have those. But we are flipping out of a prep onto the mat. Diffulty wise do these stunts compare? Also other teams will be doing a liberty. We do a liberty into a heel stretch. Will something like that help us a lot? a little? and finally most teams will be doing russian basket tosses. So we wanted to do a Pretty girl basket. Is one of these considered a higher level of difficulty or not? any advice is greatly appreciated - thank you
it would help us all if we knew a few things; what kind of squad (school, rec, allstar, etc.), & division & level of team :)

It sounds like you might be coaching a school. If so, what age?

1. Body Positions. A Heel Stretch is going to be more impressive than a Lib. However, it is best to go with the skill that is executed the best.

2. Baskets. Twisting baskets are the most elite for the age group it sounds like you are coaching. Doing a "flipping" dismount out of a prep doesn't really compete within this category. I would suggest working on toe touch baskets to start! A pretty girl basket is good for choreography but not always best for a score sheet if that is the only basket.

Message me if you have any other questions regarding your team! Good luck to you!

It really depends on the score sheet in terms of what difficulty the judges look for. Basket wise - a pretty girl pose won't outscore toe touch tosses. Body position wise, if the heel stretch is cleanly executed, then you should have the difficulty over the lib but the key here is execution. Yes, you get the body position score but do what's clean.

thanks for the responses. this is a little loop football league - ages 13-15. competition is always really close - just looking for any little advantages we can give the girls!

thanks for the responses. this is a little loop football league - ages 13-15. competition is always really close - just looking for any little advantages we can give the girls!
I'd stick with a russian basket toss rather than pretty lady, but make sure your flyer actually hits the position. Same for heel stretches.
One of the things you need to remember when working with Rec teams is that although stunting can make a routine look more difficult jumps and motions can make up a lot of difference as well. I've seen teams full up to heel stretches then do full downs only to bomb their motions and jumps and lose to a team with solid libs and excellent motions. As long as you are on about the same level as the teams you are going against you would still have a chance.

Back