Stunt Stand Vs Fly Right

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2017
A little history to this thread....my daughter is 7 this is her 5 yr in all star cheer. She was on level 1 for 4 yrs and recently had try outs. I was expecting her to move to level 2 since she has her power 3, standing 3 and running 3 back handsprings in addition to level 1 tumblng skills. Our gym is a D2 small gym and my daughter was placed on level 3 due to age requirements (level 2 is a Sr team). She has no level 2 stunting skills and i want to work with her at home to try to get some basics. She will not be the main flyer but will do some stunting.

My husband will not build anything so will need to purchase something. I have looked at both of these stands and do not know which would help her the most.

I am leaning more toward the fly right bc of the springs that give the wobble effect. I would like something that would rotate to practice her twist, not sure if stund stand rotates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Honestly, just standing on a large can, like a large can of green beans would work. Main two things are flexibility and staying tight. If you want to purchase one I would look around. You can find them gently used for half the price.

Not the parent of a flyer, but our coaches say stunt stands are largely a waste of money and do no more to improve flying than the above can of beans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

totally random but I cut my finger on a can of tomato soup when I was trying to open it once. Good times, good times!

Save your money. Use a big can or a wood block or something similar if you want to practice at home. Ultimately time in the air will improve her the most. Meaning, get to open gyms and open practice times, do privates, get her to stunt with anyone and everyone. The diversity of bases she practices with will help her tremendously

Back