All-Star Successful Skills Bribes/rewards

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2011
Is it wrong to bribe/reward my CP for successfully achieving a certain tumbling skill? I admit that i offered her 'Belly Button Piercing' when she successfully/repeatedly threw her full. (15 yrs old at the time)
I saw dozens of photos on FaceBook after Worlds of freshly pierced bellys, so i must not be the only one! LOL

Well, if we agree that it's not the worst thing in the world to do... what's a good bribe/reward for her successfully/repeatedly throwing her dbl full?? She's actually very close, but i think she needs that EXTRA push/motivation! She's 16 going on 17.

I'm open to all thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Thx

p.s. I have even considered a used car, but not sure how practical that will be with her going off to college next year.

Is it wrong to bribe/reward my CP for successfully achieving a certain tumbling skill? I admit that i offered her 'Belly Button Piercing' when she successfully/repeatedly threw her full. (15 yrs old at the time)
I saw dozens of photos on FaceBook after Worlds of freshly pierced bellys, so i must not be the only one! LOL

Well, if we agree that it's not the worst thing in the world to do... what's a good bribe/reward for her successfully/repeatedly throwing her dbl full?? She's actually very close, but i think she needs that EXTRA push/motivation! She's 16 going on 17.

I'm open to all thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Thx

p.s. I have even considered a used car, but not sure how practical that will be with her going off to college next year.

I coach, so my bribes are generally small- a tootsie pop from the concession stand at the gym, etc. Will she not throw skills without a bribe? Or does the bribe just speed up the process? I guess I worry about the bribes when you start talking about something as big as a car...

@Cheer Cougar , I'm an ice cream after the goal is reached-type, myself. Snocones are great, too. When my cp got her full, we had to stop at Walgreens after practice and she wanted a 99-cent eyeshadow, so I got it for her.
Tell your cp "way to go" from me! And keep working toward that double! It WILL come and when it does, she'll feel like a million bucks!
In the meantime, join us here:

http://www.cheerparentsonline.com/threads/the-rules.209/

@Just-a-Mom , @simplymom , @lifeoftheparty and other NACPs, I feel an intervention is near... :)

I coach, so my bribes are generally small- a tootsie pop from the concession stand at the gym, etc. Will she not throw skills without a bribe? Or does the bribe just speed up the process? I guess I worry about the bribes when you start talking about something as big as a car...

Once she has the skill, she'll throw it. I think it's to speed up the learning process.
As a coach, i'm sure you have to buy lots of tootsie pops! I only have one CP to reward, and i've been saving up! LOL

@Cheer Cougar , I'm an ice cream after the goal is reached-type, myself. Snocones are great, too. When my cp got her full, we had to stop at Walgreens after practice and she wanted a 99-cent eyeshadow, so I got it for her.
Tell your cp "way to go" from me! And keep working toward that double! It WILL come and when it does, she'll feel like a million bucks!
In the meantime, join us here:

http://www.cheerparentsonline.com/threads/the-rules.209/

@Just-a-Mom , @simplymom , @lifeoftheparty and other NACPs, I feel an intervention is near... :)

LOL --- intervention overdue!

Back