High School Summer Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Where did you see this?
It's alreday been voted on and passed by the state, they are working on rules and regulations now. It was told to us by the Principle and athletic director at the cheer welcome meeting. At this meeting they raised and revealed the Pep Squad banner, which now hangs will all the other CIF sports in the gym. The administration and coach at my daughter's high school is super excited for this and being very proactive.

It's alreday been voted on and passed by the state, they are working on rules and regulations now. It was told to us by the Principle and athletic director at the cheer welcome meeting. At this meeting they raised and revealed the Pep Squad banner, which now hangs will all the other CIF sports in the gym. The administration and coach at my daughter's high school is super excited for this and being very proactive.
Thats so awesome! I just read up on it too. Our advisor is going to talk to our admin about it :)

Our team practice Tuesday & Wednesday starting 2 weeks before school ended up until UCA camp. Then we take a break and resume practices again on August 17. Practices are 4-6 pm.

I realize that this was originally about summer schedules, but I am curious when your HS squad will be practicing once school starts? Before school, after school, evenings?

I realize that this was originally about summer schedules, but I am curious when your HS squad will be practicing once school starts? Before school, after school, evenings?
Ours is after school but not immediately after since the coach comes from another nearby school district. They start at 3:30 and usually finish by 5:30. In the fall they practiced 2-3 days a week and for the winter when it was competition season 4 days a week. For winter they were booted from their fall practice spot at the HS and had to be bussed to another nearby school because the wrestling team needed their gym for after school practices.

We will practice almost every day of the week--competition for the most part will practice in the AM because since we are a very small school we have kids who duel sport and it's really the only time that works with all the other schedules, football cheer however is after school twice a week.

My team will practice 3-5 MTW (they get out of school at 2:30)
1 day of tumbling TH
Game Friday (possible added practices before games if necessary)
9-11 Sat

We do right after tryouts (in May) then they are off for finals and graduation/family grad parties (2.5 weeks) then we go 4 days a week (alternating sideline and comp cheer) (m-Thur) 2-4:30 (30 minutes) is strictly "team conditioning" and stretch training) they get 2 weeks off for 4th of July (week before and after) Holliday, then after that they go 1 week off again right before "retreat week". (We do at home UCA training and then a cheer bonding retreat 2 weeks before school starts) they get the week before school starts off. Kind of confusing... But I find parents LOVE this schedule...

Tuesdays comp will have practice before school and after school will be football..then Wednesdays comp will practice after school, Thursday before and after school, and Friday morning practices too. Monday is their only day off. We have to do mornings for now because we are a small school and they can duel sport and it's the only time where we can get everyone together regularly.

Back