All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the Wildcard topic, I feel like there should be a minimum number of registered teams before a one day can give out these bids. Particularly at the beginning of the season, I noticed some competitions with maybe 30 teams total handing them out.

No idea how you would monitor this, just a thought.

Has anyone see a Spirit Sports Summit bid declaration? All I can find on their website is the pdf of the dance bid declaration.

Was there some official word from varsity that I missed as to why all Y5 got an automatic At Large to the summit?

I'm completely of the opinion summit bids are harder to obtain than worlds bids, I think I just missed the rationale why an entire division was handed at large bids.

Anyone have the answer to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there some official word from varsity that I missed as to why all Y5 got an automatic At Large to the summit?

I'm completely of the opinion summit bids are harder to obtain than worlds bids, I think I just missed the rationale why an entire division was handed at large bids.

Anyone have the answer to that?

There's a lot of discussion about this in the thread titled "Junior 5." Clueless to why it was brought up there, though.

There's a lot of discussion about this in the thread titled "Junior 5." Clueless to why it was brought up there, though.
Didn't even think to look there. Is there an answer to it that I just missed?

I don't think there is an answer. As the parent of a kid who has only been able to earn a bid once in 2.5 seasons, my take is that there is an opinion that y5 "deserves" to go. -*shrug*
I hear you. This is the strongest team cp14 has ever been on (and they're a really good team throwing the same skills) and I'm not convinced they'll get a bid with how hard they are to win. Just seemed odd to send an entire division, wondered if I missed the rationale somewhere.

Didn't even think to look there. Is there an answer to it that I just missed?

An announcement was made by varsity last week that starting next season youth teams will be eligible for wild card bids. To mark this change all youth 5 teams that competed in a varsity event this year (prior to announcement) received an invitation to attend summit.

An announcement was made by varsity last week that starting next season youth teams will be eligible for wild card bids. To mark this change all youth 5 teams that competed in a varsity event this year (prior to announcement) received an invitation to attend summit.
Interesting. Thank you for the clarification.

But it was originally a wild card bid.. Now they all have at larges. Any insight on why the change?

But it was originally a wild card bid.. Now they all have at larges. Any insight on why the change?
Probz because us wise fierceboard folks pointed out the fact that only the winner of the wildcard round moves to semis and therefore the semi final and final rounds would be nonexistent and therefore if they were going to play Oprah and give bids away to everyone they should probably the correct type of bid to promote the competition?
Shimmys for all of us!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Probz because us wise fierceboard folks pointed out the fact that only the winner of the wildcard round moves to semis and therefore the semi final and final rounds would be nonexistent and therefore if they were going to play Oprah and give bids away to everyone they should probably the correct type of bid to promote the competition?
Shimmys for all of us!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Can we all get bids too? Because really my kid DESERVES a bid.

Back