All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@coach12 if any of those Y5 teams with bids decide not to go to the Summit maybe Varsity will give your team their bid.

Seriously though, I sincerely hope it works out for your team!! Cp's Y4 team has two more comps this year and they are working hard to try to earn a bid.

I can't believe there are teams that were just given Summit bids that now may not even be going when there are so many teams that have been working their tails off all season trying to earn one.

We need an emoji of a giant head shaking back and forth with "SMH" on it...

Well my team did NOT get a bid this year and I'm pretty upset about it. We had 3 chances and they did not work out. Like I said earlier we decided in the beginning of the season to not accept wc bids. We definitely could have gotten them quite a few times too.
I'm still hoping against hope for a passed down bid.
Sorry this has nothing to do with anything. Just venting and feeling sorry for myself.
Anybody not wanting their bids--- send them my way. Lol
Sister's team in the exact same boat, even after winning four two-day bid competitions (they still have one more shot) So it's disheartening to get on here and seeing people mentioning how it's way too easy to get a bid. Maybe it was for you, and I'm very happy for you! You must have some dynamite coaching. Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but Summit bids are NOT a sure then by any stretch of the imagination. I realize it may seem like it in your area or when you've gotten accustomed to attending the event, but there are still good teams out there without bids. I think some people might be taking it for granted.

Sister's team in the exact same boat, even after winning four two-day bid competitions (they still have one more shot) So it's not fun getting on here and seeing people mentioning how it's way too easy to get a bid. Maybe it was for you, and I'm very happy for you! You must have some dynamite coaching. Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but Summit bids are NOT a sure then by any stretch of the imagination. I realize it may seem like it in your area or when you've gotten accustomed to attending the event, but there are still good teams out there without bids. I think some people might be taking it for granted.

Preach!

My post wasn't to shame anyone, or anything. So don't take it that way. I just think when you consider the sheer number of allstar teams in contention vs. how many are actually attending on bids, it's a far cry from becoming another Cheersport/NCA/free for all event.

A random funny thing about our J3 WC bid. There are several parents at our gym who are desperate to get their kid in the one open spot on our team (I don't think they are planning on filling it, though). So, I don't think a WC is the worst thing.

My post wasn't to shame anyone, or anything. So don't take it that way. I just think when you consider the sheer number of allstar teams in contention vs. how many are actually attending on bids, it's a far cry from becoming another Cheersport/NCA/free for all event.

There were 350 at large bids last year, 100 paid bids for a total of 450 teams. This year there are 400 at large bids 100 Paid bids and 214 wild cards for a total of 714 teams. Thats a 58% increase in number of teams in one year. I believe I have read somewhere there is talk of there being a Small Gym Summit next year.

There were 350 at large bids last year, 100 paid bids for a total of 450 teams. This year there are 400 at large bids 100 Paid bids and 214 wild cards for a total of 714 teams. Thats a 58% increase in number of teams in one year. I believe I have read somewhere there is talk of there being a Small Gym Summit next year.

But WC bids are one and done. It's not increasing the amount of competition 58%. Only one team from each division moves on which is just slightly over 20 teams total. There may have been more bids handed out overall this year, but they were spread out over more competitions. competitions who had offered them in the past, actually had fewer to give out this season than last. This would actually decrease a team's likelihood of getting a bid, especially if they simply attended the same competitions as usual and didn't go bid chasing.

But WC bids are one and done. It's not increasing the amount of competition 58%. Only one team from each division moves on which is just slightly over 20 teams total. There may have been more bids handed out overall this year, but they were spread out over more competitions. competitions who had offered them in the past, actually had fewer to give out this season than last. This would actually decrease a team's likelihood of getting a bid, especially if they simply attended the same competitions as usual and didn't go bid chasing.

I never stated it increased the competition by 58% I stated it was an increase in the number of teams competing or participating in the Summit event which has now become a 3 day event. And you are correct I believe Cheersport last year had 40 bids to award and this year they had only 30 bids. So yes if you only went to the same competitions you went to last year and the number of bids they had went down so would your chances. I just was pointing out the significant amount of growth year of year. Does anyone know what the number of bids were the first year?

@coach12 if any of those Y5 teams with bids decide not to go to the Summit maybe Varsity will give your team their bid.

Seriously though, I sincerely hope it works out for your team!! Cp's Y4 team has two more comps this year and they are working hard to try to earn a bid.

I can't believe there are teams that were just given Summit bids that now may not even be going when there are so many teams that have been working their tails off all season trying to earn one.

Pretty positive I know of one AL bid that should be in the rolling process from UCA.

But here is to praying your Y4 team gets a bid and our Y4 team is going to give their all to get a bid at our last Summit bid comp this coming weekend. My CP was a youth teammate for two years with most of the kids on our youth team, you needed to turn into an old lady to get off youth ;) but great kids and great competitors. They need each other to be there to compete against at Summit. I'm pulling for the Y4's.

Last edited:
Well my team did NOT get a bid this year and I'm pretty upset about it. We had 3 chances and they did not work out. Like I said earlier we decided in the beginning of the season to not accept wc bids. We definitely could have gotten them quite a few times too.
I'm still hoping against hope for a passed down bid.
Sorry this has nothing to do with anything. Just venting and feeling sorry for myself.
Anybody not wanting their bids--- send them my way. Lol
I'm going to assume what we talked about didn't go the way we were hoping...:(

If you're talking about Twinkles which is Y5, since it was a Twinkle parent saying they weren't going, I'm pretty sure they were never planning on going whether they got a bid or not, unless maybe it was paid. They earned an at large bid like twice last year and still didn't go. Just because they were handed a bid doesn't mean they have to go, it's not like they asked for the bid. I can see why it doesn't make sense to go to the Summit since UCA had already been on their schedule and paid for and its expensive to go to Disney multiple times a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree @MaineStar234. Just because that Division was given bids doesn't mean they have to go. It is very expensive to travel to these big, out of town competitions. But isn't that part of having an athlete on a Y5 team? I mean all we have been hearing about is how there are so few Y5 teams and that they have to travel so far to actually have anyone to compete against. Seems to me the parents would be more than aware of the costs when they signed up for it.

I never stated it increased the competition by 58% I stated it was an increase in the number of teams competing or participating in the Summit event which has now become a 3 day event. And you are correct I believe Cheersport last year had 40 bids to award and this year they had only 30 bids. So yes if you only went to the same competitions you went to last year and the number of bids they had went down so would your chances. I just was pointing out the significant amount of growth year of year. Does anyone know what the number of bids were the first year?

I based my comments off of several of your posts which seem to indicate that you think the Wild Card bids cheapen the competition and allow anyone to go and therefore make it not about the best of the best. The bottom line is, the overwhelming majority of WC recipients won't make it to day 2 at all, so I really don't understand what you're attempting to say. It's still just as hard to get a bid that will actually allow you to compete with the top teams. Less than 3% of all the teams that attended NCA walked away with a summit bid. how is that not exclusive? I would definitely encourage you to talk to your gym about possibly declining a bid in the future if you feel it is a waste of your time and/or money.

I based my comments off of several of your posts which seem to indicate that you think the Wild Card bids cheapen the competition and allow anyone to go and therefore make it not about the best of the best. The bottom line is, the overwhelming majority of WC recipients won't make it to day 2 at all, so I really don't understand what you're attempting to say. It's still just as hard to get a bid that will actually allow you to compete with the top teams. Less than 3% of all the teams that attended NCA walked away with a summit bid. how is that not exclusive? I would definitely encourage you to talk to your gym about possibly declining a bid in the future if you feel it is a waste of your time and/or money.

That's like the folk who say the same about the at-large teams at Worlds and "omg the competition is like a free-for-all, look at all these teams in prelims."

Sure, but how many of them are making it past prelims? And really, how does their mere presence in prelims affect you?

If you're talking about Twinkles which is Y5, since it was a Twinkle parent saying they weren't going, I'm pretty sure they were never planning on going whether they got a bid or not, unless maybe it was paid. They earned an at large bid like twice last year and still didn't go. Just because they were handed a bid doesn't mean they have to go, it's not like they asked for the bid. I can see why it doesn't make sense to go to the Summit since UCA had already been on their schedule and paid for and its expensive to go to Disney multiple times a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for this! I'm surprised at any backlash regarding not taking the bid (that we didn't earn). We already had three flyaway comps on our schedule. I think that's quite enough for one season. Honestly, it's the gyms decision to attend or not, not the parents. Who knows, maybe Twinks can snag a paid bid at One Up in TN. Then we can talk Summit with you all.
In the meantime, I wish the best of luck to our Y5 friends that will be in attendance.

Latest posts

Back